I need some advice on removing over spray on a motorcycle.

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Bruce Miller, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Bruce Miller

Bruce Miller Virgin Detailer

Any suggestions on getting overspray off of textured paint (frame) and texture plastic? I was able to get it off the shiny parts with a clay bar but I'm not having much luck with the rest of the bike. I have tried goof off, spray detailer, and a few other goodies. The only thing I have found that halfway works is fingernail polish remover and I would prefer to not use it.

Here is my bike, the one I got over spray on because I'm an idiot.

[​IMG]

2. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Have you tried aggressive clay like Megs Red? I have read that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser might work also. If the acetone worked and did not damage the plastic I would stick with it.Just be careful, gentle, don't work in the sun, clean the area thoroughly after using and chemicals and make sure to dress the trim afterwards

Other options are solvents like WD 40, mineral spirits, paint thinner or easy off oven cleaner to remove it. I would use a terry cloth towel too, the terry nap will get into the porous areas. I would do a test spot in an inconspicuous area first. It's one of those scenarios with no right answer and your taking a risk of damaging the plastic.

3. Bruce Miller

Bruce Miller Virgin Detailer

Thank you. I tried the Magic Eraser last night. It worked as well as anything else that I have tried. I need to buy a few more of them before the weekend.

4. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Glad I could help