I need an extractor

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Nica, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Man I just finished a vehicle that a hot water extractor would have been wicked to have, I have one of those Little Green. It worked out okay but it took me over 3hrs to do the interior....do you guys think a more heavy duty extractor would have made quick work on a really bad interior? Carpets and seats that is.

I'm sure it will have more power compared to teh Little Green, but I wonder on it's perforumance.

These are the one's I've been doing some research on:

Thios one dosen't look bad at all, price is more then reasonable has anyone used this one by any chane?
    http://www.detailsupplyoutlet.com/item.htm?item_num=201

I've been also looking at this one
    http://www.detailsupplyoutlet.com/item.htm?item_num=282

I'm not set on Mytee, if you guys could recomend one that would be great and any feed back would be great as well. Oh the extractor would also be used in side the house but primarely for the vehicles.

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I don't have an extractor at all. Nica, is the Little Green machine worth it? I don't need a big machine or anything..

3. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

the little green is great for personal use . i have it and its great but for commercial i would go with mytee.

4. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

I have the next step up from that last one you post, and it's a godsend on bad interiors. Feel free to pop by and give it a go if you want. Might as well try before you buy it!! I know I wouldn't know what to do without it!

5. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I will agree with crossroads on this one. He has the top extractor and it is AWSOME. It takes everything out, its quick dosent leave the cloth very wet (which is a big plus in my books). It seems to get everything out.

I would recomened you take him up on the offer and check it out, perhaps even this weekend? My car needs it... ohh theres my shamelss plug to get my car cleaned lol.

But yeah, its expensive and big, which is a downer for me, but in the end its more then worth it. Saves time and money, which is alwaysa plus.

6. Divine Detail

Oh Michael....what a shameless plug to get your cars carpets extracted

7. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Do you have to vacuum before using an extractor?

8. Divine Detail

yes, you definatly should vacumn it first. There is no need to pull all the rocks and stuff into the extractor, it's hard to get them out.

9. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I see. I was thinking it vacuums and extracts at the same time. I haven't really come across a time when I needed an extractor. Except my moms seats haha.

But DP TIC and the PC with brush usually gets the job done. I always have to vacuum before and after though. The brush brings up so much dirt the vacuum missed. Then I usually do a really quick vacuum before putting the matts back in when the customer is on the way to pick up.

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh sweet, yea I would love to take you up on that offer buddy...oh question do you mean this one:

http://www.detailsupplyoutlet.com/item.htm?item_num=280

or this one:

http://www.detailsupplyoutlet.com/item.htm?item_num=200

Sounds like I need to get my self an extractor, when I post the vehicle I detailed and the interior I details you'll understand why I want one. Two reasons, saves time (like crossroad said) and makes the job much easy.

Oh another question, could it be used inside the house? From the reading I've done ont he Mytee's you just need to purchase a different handle/extension. Not exactly sure on that one though.

Man I can't wait to try it...oh another question where did you get your's from? Localy or did you have to order it in?

Sorry for all the questions but I just haven't been able to track them down localy :(

11. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree with trhland, the Little Green is great for small jobs/spot remover but when you get really hard to clean carpet/extremely dirty carpet it takes way to long to use the Little Green machine, not only that but it dosen't have enough power to get the carpert dry quick. Don't get me wrong it works but just slow that's all, besides I would love to get one for detailing and for the house that would be wicked.

12. Divine Detail

Yea, we couldn't find them locally either and finally broke down and brought one up from the states. I'd have to look and see where it was I bought it from.

The one I have is last years version of the second one you posted. It had the upgraded motors in it...the things POWERFUL!

I have used it indoors at my buddies house to take out red wine stains and just clean the carpets. It works wonders, I honestly cannot say enough good things about this machine.

As before, let me know when you want to come by and give it a go. If you have a clients car you want to bring by, you're welcome to come in and use my bay too if that's how you'd like to test 'er out

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet use full around the house and to detail vehicles, man I'm sold already lol.

Man I'm going to have to take you up on that offer corssroad, how does Friday or Saturday work for you? I'd prefer to come by on Friday but whaterver day works for you.

Let me know please and thank you for the offer buddy, very much appreciated.

14. Divine Detail

Friday works just fine for me, as I'm there for 12 hours anyways.

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet, okay I'll PM you to get the address. Thank you, Calgarydetail Friday it is you coming?

16. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

yeah i will be there, but not for long. I have a midterm the next day so i have to study, but I will make an apperance. :cool:

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh yea, sorry buddy you just told me about the midterm and I had already forgotten :rolleyes: talk about short term memory :(

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Have any of you ever used one of these:
    http://www.century400.com/products/index.php?f=24

I remember reading a bit about it but it didn't really get my attention to much.

If any of you have ever heard of it or better yet used it I'd love to hear from you.

Let me know please :D

19. eShine

eShine Guest

I came across them when a customer asked for one.

I ordered one for him about a year ago. I believe he got the Ninja 150 and said it was Gods machine.

Secondly, we had a carpet guy come in last month to clean a Grass Dog Puke stain and he had a Ninja. Also claims it was a great machine.

20. Nica

Nica Banned

hmm....interesting info Chris.