I love Zaino Leather Cleaner....

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by yukonon22, Apr 26, 2008.

1. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

I use Zaino leather cleaner and condition and i love it i haven't used anything better, though i haven't tried very many. For people who've used Zaino how does it compare to other? leathermaster i hear alot about as well as sonus

2. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Its all I have used so far but I just love the smell!

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I really like Leather Master and Sonus. LM is a foam cleaner, which is the most effective way of cleaning leather. I use Sonus a lot as well as it does a great job of bringing back that new leather scent without the use of perfumes that only last for a couple of days like most other leather products. Sonus really does bring back that natural new leather scent as opposed to an artificial and temporary scent. IMO and as opposed to LM and Sonus, Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner are too thick for perforated leather.

4. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

thanks i think ill try the sonus, after all i can buy their whole interior clean kit for the price of leather masters

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

One advise, for the leather cleaner you are better off using a grout sponge instead of the yellow side of the Sonus applicator, the reason for this being that the Sonus applicator will not create a foam. With a grout sponge you can put some of the cleaner and squeeze the sponge to produce a foam. I strongly recommend Leather Master Protection Cream as a final product on your leather.

6. judyb

judyb Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Use a foaming bottle, much easier and quicker to apply this way.

LM protector is good as it does what it says it does although stronger protectors are out there.

7. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

When applying the Zaino Z10 conditioner, I just put a small strip onto a MF app, wipe my finger across the app and apply it to the seat. It goes on nice and even, no issues on perf leather for me.

Doc, how are you using the cleaner and why do you think its thick? I find it to be like water.

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

you mean you haven't used anything else...I used it a long time ago. I like the conditioner, but never found for a cleaner to be all that special...
    My favorite leather cleaners are Lexol, it's a gel, scentless gel (oh, yeah, no APC scent to it), and Four Star leather cleaner gel with a light pleasant scent to it.
    Both are gels, cling to leather, cling very well.

9. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I honestly dont iike Z9. i use it often an just am not that impressed, IMO it works best on flat leather surfaces. I like use LM strong cleaner and am pleased w. the results,looking to get a foaming trigger for it.

10. dogma

dogma Guest

For me like any other Zaino product its top notch.
    I used tons of other leather products and for me Zaino is my go to.

11. marlcoke

marlcoke Birth of a Detailer

Z-9 works really well, great product.

12. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Spray Mist® and Full Function Sprayers; sprayer comes with a nozzle that will adjust the flow to mist, jet, fan, or foamer – US Plastics Spray Mist® and Full Function Sprayers - US Plastic Corporation

The advantage of foam or gel over liquid is the minimum amount of moisture they contain, very important for cleaning absorbent materials. Spray onto an applicator; do not spray directly onto the surface as it could cause spotting. Allowed to dwell these types of cleaners gently loosen and encapsulate surface dirt and grime so it can be gently wiped away. For heavily soiled areas, or where the leather has become ingrained such as in creases in the leather, a soft brush can be used to agitate and loosen the dirt.

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Maybe it was just the Leather Conditioner that was too thick. I have not used them in a long time.

14. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

In my opinion, zaino leather cleaner and conditioners are top notch, some of the best! It cleans well and conditions the seats extremely well, giving it a nice look, nothing shiney. Not to mention the smell is bang on :p