I hate the new format...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by agentf1, Feb 10, 2011.

1. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

Sorry, I hate to say it but I hate the new format. I especially miss the home page where I could get a quick and EASY view of the latest threads. JMHO!

2. DB Boss

DB Boss DB representative

what do you mean by that the home page is up and running with all the new threads.

3. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

The home page showed the most recent 15 or so topics.

4. DB Boss

I'm working on it.

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

This is just my opinion, the top bar with the stats of the top posters, etc. is sort of pointless. The recent post area should be expanded. and the "new forum post" should be at the top as well, by putting so much in the side bar it cramps the actual forum. I understand the importance of forum sponsors, but maybe make it reduced and run it accross the top like a banner............. overall its not bad, a little cluttered, but its a typical forum like most. Im assuming they are still in the process of tightening things up?

6. DB Boss

as much as my personal pockets can handle ; )

7. DB Boss

there is a small arrow on the top right of the stats go ahead and click it, it will close. No more stats if you don't want to see them.

Same with the sponsors, etc.

8. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Great. thank you........

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

loving the new format :) woot...something new is always nice...:)

10. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I really should come on here more often lol. Anyways, I like the new format and while it is probably going to take a little getting used to, the format itself is simple and to the point which is nice.

11. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I think he meant and I agree with that is, it now takes a while to find "New Posts" header. Other than that, the format is great, maybe make it full screen? B/c it looks kinda skinny, and I'm using a 17" laptop.

12. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

if you click on forum on the top of the page, there will be a subcategory that comes up.

there you will find new posts that will be a short cut.

working on the home page.

13. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

I will get used to it. The infrastructure is still the same. Its still my favorite place to go on the internet.

Joe D.

14. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Yeah, that's what I meant......it's just too much clicking. Go here then there. It should be same as before. "New Posts" should be in the Menu's category....basically you get to the point faster.

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Found NEW POSTS button. Thank you, Phil. Otherwise it would have been somewhere I-phonish (only one back button, where my Samsung Captivate has 4, and I love it so much!)

16. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

I don't think I hate the new set up, I just really really don't like it. I mean, I'm all for change, but I also believe if it's not broken don't fix it. The old set up was mellow, relaxing, easy to read and navigate etc... if detailing was a forum, that is how it would look. I spent hours reading effortlessly all over the board, I liked how the home page showed you a list of the most recent posts without clicking on anything, on and on blah blah....

BUT, all the information is still here, the people are still just as friendly and eager to help, it's all the same, just a new outfit. I still love this place and will continue to read and learn! I appreciate all the work the team puts in to making this such a great forum, so keep it up!!

17. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I'm wondering what the motivation to change the look was?

It was one of the best looking forums out there - very sleek, professional and cohesive... IMO it looks very home made as it is right now

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Think it has to do with updating the software to v4, the old theme was not compatible.

19. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

stiped quiestion but does it cost more money to fancy up a site? i asume it is .

20. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

what web browser are u guys using?