I done a Corvette no dump truck here.

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Sparkie, May 25, 2008.

1. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

First off I like to think Ed for giving me the opportunity for helping him out on a 03 Corvette. For him and all these guys that are mobile detailers, I don’t see how ya’ll do it. But ya’ll fight it in these entire different environments than what I do. My hat is off to all ya’ll guys. I met up with him off I-85 at the Mall of Georgia then we processed to the owner of the corvette house. The gentleman wanted Zaino.
    I help Ed retrieved equipment from his vehicle and trailer and from my truck. Ed had his water in a tank, as I was looking I noticed he had a water filter system he said he got from AG. So no doubt that was some of the cleanest water it that tank. We got a water sample out and I could not smell any chlorine in it.
    Ed had a game plan. The wash: First off, pressure washed the whole vehicle and used a white ShMITT with soap then rinsed off the soap. Then he pulled out the clay and broke me off some. We had water and soap mix with the ShMitt and started at the top and work our way down with clay. Boy, I tell you what this man is fast. He then dried with the guzzler. He used the same water and soap mix on the wheels with a long handle brush and wheel brush. We started on the inside and I was on the vacuum and he started doing the drivers seat. I was using Folex and wiping the panels down as I went. Ed used DP protectant on all plastic and rubber. He asked me did I have any leather protectant and I handed him a bottle of DG #221. I think he was impressed with the product.
    On to the paint; we went with a mix of Optimun polish and Menz SIP. I started on the back passenger panel with my PC and yellow edge setting 6. He started on top of the vette with PC Cobra yellow pad setting 6. He came over a few times and corrected me on my technique for I was making way to much dust. He also showed me the difference in his polishing and mine. There were places on the hood that the PC could not fix. Ed pulled out the big Boy Dewatt rotary and used 3M extra cut. He then went back over it with Menz SIP. We used OP as our finishing polish using the PC on the entire vehicle.
    I worked on the rims and the door jams with DG #521 then topped it with DG #951. Ed was applying Z 5. I used the cobra miracle towel and wiped off the Z5. Ed was getting up equipment and I finished off the engine, under the fender, and rubber inside the door jam with DG #265. Ed finished off the tires with surf city. All in all I had a awesome time learning so much from him. This guy is a professional and again I do appreciate him giving me the opportunity to work on this Corvette, I had a blast. Ed If I forgot anything on got something backwards please post up…And posts some of your pics, I know they are better than mine….Oh no more dump truck jokes...LOL...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See the two nice truck in the background.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Ed drinking a Sundrop and I'm doing all the work...LOL...J/K Ed...But remember picture don't lie...LOL...Just picking on you buddy....:p::thumb:
    [​IMG]
    Ed has a better camera than mine...The wife will not let me have a Nikon LSR...:picture:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

WOW Sparkie great write up!!! Sounds like you guys had a great time. I hope you guys can do it again soon! CONGRATS!!!!!

4. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Thanks Tonya...Ed said it would have been nice if he had some mike sells chips to go with that Sundrop....TeeHeeHee HaHa HeeHee.....:yikes::shead::p::D

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Man that's wicked guys, nothing like some tag team action :applause: :applause:

As for the mobile detailers...:nod: I agree with you Sparkie, I have nothing but pure respect for guys that do it mobile, I mean I have my garage which I love so much because I have everything I need and the odd time I go mobile boy I sure miss my garage...so guys like Ed that have a system going I :applause: you guys and have nothing but respect...mobile is tough.

Vehicle looks great and it's blue..I love blue! :worship2: :worship2:

Oh by the way Sparkmyster, I enjoy those dump trucks buddy :thumb:

6. Jimmie

Jimmie Birth of a Detailer

Very nice Sparkie. Really enjoyed reading and seeing your guys detail.

Yeah, Ed is fast, huh? I saw him set the modern day world speed record for washing a Vette.

7. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

hey i wear crocs when I detail too. haha

8. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Sparkie....you and Ed did a great job on the Vette...looks great....looks like you were the hired help..lpl...I see you doing all the work..and Ed sipping Sundrops ....jk

you guys did a fine job....nice color to work with also...

Al

9. Tonya

:rollingpin: I had to go to the store to get more......I am sending him some... Why didn't you take some from your supply :p: :rollinglaugh: :p: ED..... I will get them in the mail Tuesday.... I just piced some up today:thumb: I will use a tracking number :thud:
    This batch will make it there :hug:

10. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

wow ..pretty cool of you guys to hang out for a day..real nice car you worked on...Nice Work !!!

11. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Great job the both of you have done! Awesome color on the vette.:applause:

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That looks top, best Croc reflection so far!

13. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

great job, you guys!

14. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Thank you my brother....Like I've said my hats off to these guys....
    Thanks Jimmie, I think we need to change HighEndDetail to Flash detail...LOL...Oh by the way he told me 3 minutes, it was more like four...LOL...
    You are a good man...LOL...
    LOL you are right Big Al...I see that too...We had a good time...
    The ones you sent me are long gone....They was good...Thank you...HeeHee...
    My Italian brother thank you...She was my first....Vette that is....
    Thanks, I agree that is a sweet color...But Ed was wanting a black one to do....
    LOL...thank you my friend...
    The Super! Thank you buddy.....Hey the owner realy like the DG stuff I showed him...#951 and #521...

15. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Great job Sparkie. You and Ed make a great team :)

16. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

looks great as always!! That Vette clear scares me every time I think about it

17. Tonya

So what did you guys learn from each other? Did you learn new tricks in school Sparkie?

18. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Great job you guys :D the Vette looks great

19. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Thanks Pat much appreciate...I pick up a few things...
    Thanks Buddy, I hear you....Dang Ed loves these things, he likes black one's the best....
    Use more spray water when I'm polishing...Cuts down on the dust...Oh almost forgot we done a Tonya with #501! :p:
    Thanks buddy, we had a great time doing this one....

20. Tonya

:applause2: I am telling you...... I use DG 501 on everything!!! You silly boys.... you should have tired it first :giggle: Just messing with you :itsok: