I came across this apc at walmart

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by yukonon22, May 6, 2008.

1. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

i picked up a organic apc at walmart called holy cow. was wondering if anybody has used it before?

2. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

HOLY COW!!!!SORRY NEVER HEARD OF IT .

3. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

Let Us Know How It Is

4. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

I JUST saw that for the first time today in the local NAPA store... I'm interested in a review!

That's funny... the timing of it all. :headbang:

5. Kron

Kron Two Bucket System Washer

It sounds udderly brilliant!

6. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

lollol

7. richy

richy Guest

That's no bull!!

8. yukonon22

Haha the name is funny. Ill post a review when i can try it on a few things. Though this is the first apc ive really used so i dont have any thing to compare it to.

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

yeah, i've seen it...never tried it though...

10. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I was at wal mart today and looked for this APC..and I guess its not at ours yet....I am always in the Market for safer chemicals that work....I hate when a APC chokes me ..I have tried the new Clorox green APC and its a nice product for doing interiors..no chokeing and a clean fresh look and smell...

In our shop OSHA made us use all new cleaners due to health hazards from long use...no more Butyl type cleaners ..as they get absorbed in the skin and have some serious effects in time...like aching joints....lung irritations....drying eyes...and more....

right now we are on Citrus cleaners with NO butyls in it....or sodium hydroxide (lye) which is in a lot of APC's .....

I still have Butyl cleaners I use here..but I am weaning myself away now....I thought I has arthritis of my fingers...and come to find out it was the cleaners ..even the fumes are harmful..

so if I find a green type product that works i will use it....

here is a MSDS to Wollite for Dark Clothes....it has lye in it also....may not be much...but its used to clean....

http://msds.reckittprofessional.com/customer_services/msds/dist/013912_r.pdf

AL

11. richy

richy Guest

How does 303 cleaner rate for being safe with its chemicals. That's one that I like to use...it's supposed to be safe to use on fruits/vegetables when diluted properly.

12. karburn

karburn Two Bucket System Washer

Holy Cow products has a web site. I bought the general APC and the heavier duty APC. Supposedly solvent-free, organic, etc. Works great in the kitchen, bathroom, etc., and the heavy duty stuff is supposed to be able to degrease an engine, but I am going to check the pH before using it on wheels or chrome or especially body panels. It might make a great tar remover if it's not too acidic. The price is right. Walgreens and Ace Hardware carries it as well. The stuff is food-safe according to the web site. It has all the spec sheets on the products...except for the pH.

13. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

weird. Doesn't Chemical Guys sell a "green" APC as well?
    Green All Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser

has anyone used it??

I think if I see that Holy Cow brand in Wally World, I may pick it up and try it out...

14. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Where in Walmart did you find this?
    I checked their site and for a gallon it is only $9-12, plus $11 shipping.

15. Al-53

you can get ita ACE hardware also..21.00 for 2 gallons...I may stop and get some to try out....they ship free to the store for you also

AL

16. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I choke to death when using this product... cleans VERY well

17. Al-53

Thats what I hate....the choking and headaches at tines....some times you even taste in in your mouth from the fumes...

Al

18. yukonon22

i not a professional detailer and only clean mine and my families cars, and of course there spotless so i dont have any "hard to clean" spots in or cars...so i tried it around the house. Smell isn't the best but it isn't strong at all, no fumes, the only way you smell it is if your actually stick your nose in the bottle. Im actually surprised how well it cleaned. It got off the grease off the "hood" in the kitchen. I use it thing it's safe vs. those strong smelling chemicals. I suggest you pick it up and try it out. And if you don't like it it's only $8 a gallon. I think i paid $3 for a 32oz bottle at walmart.

19. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

nice... i like products that is nature friendly... ill give this a shot..

20. jayjacque

jayjacque Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hmm APC maybe I'll look but...

I looked for Meguiar's 7 in 1 NXT package at local Walmarts. In the last 4 months none to be found.

Someone posted on one of these boards they got a very good carpet shampoo there for like a dollar. I went, looked, nada.

Then someone else posted a Walmart close-out steal for magic erasers. Again zippo.

I swear these Walmarts up here are trying to drive me into lala land!