Hyundai Genesis Wash and Wax

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Chaseme, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Autumn is transitioning over to winter here in Minnesota, so the detailing season is coming to an end.
    However, I received an inquiry on a simple wash and wax on a Hyundai Genesis sedan.

I want to thank Chad (RaskyR1) for the lead. Chad is a fellow Twin Cities, MN detailer that I have gotten to know pretty well over the last 6 few seasons. I know Chad has been stacked with work lately and was unable to detail this Genesis; but I thank him for recommending his client to me.

The client wanted a pretty straight forward wash and wax on this already pristine car. The car was purchased slightly used; a former to a dealership's General Manager; so I knew it would look pretty good already.

As it arrived on the cold (less than 40 degrees) and misty morning:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some tar and other debris was on the lower panels. Removed with 3M Adhesive Remover and Stoner's Tarminator.

[​IMG]

It was evident that the paint was pretty hardy; very few imperfections.

[​IMG]

On to the wheels and tire cleaning. Used AG Custom Wheel Cleaner and a stiff brush to remove the embedded dirt and previous dressing. Wheels were cleaned with a dilution of 1Z Blitz APC.

[​IMG]

Car was pre-soaked with a Gilmour Foam Master using CG Citrus Wash and Gloss and Dawn. Car was then bucket washed with Dawn using an Uber Yellow Sponge.

[​IMG]

Moved inside the garage for drying. Blot dried with an Uber Super Drying Towel. Then blow dried the remainder with a Metro Master Blaster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still trying to warm up after being outside.

[​IMG]

Each wheel had what appeared to be the sticky part of a sticker. Removed with 3M Adhesive Remover

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Some gunk build up on the trim

[​IMG]

The interior was incredibly clean; but I further improved it.

[​IMG]

Carpets were vacuumed

[​IMG]

Pedal set was cleaned up with a toothbrush and 1Z Deep Plastic Cleaner

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Some loose threads

[​IMG]

Trimmed down with nail clippers

[​IMG]

Old, shiny Armor All on the dash

[​IMG]

Removed with a dilution of 1Z Blitz. Interior was wiped with with 1Z Cockpit Premium.

[​IMG]

Build up on exhaust tips

[​IMG]

Removed with P21S Polishing Soap

[​IMG]

Waxed with CG Celeste Dettaglio. Wheels were sealed with Power Lock. Tires were left undressed (per instruction). Glass was cleaned with Lusso.

No sunpics as I wanted to be sure the car would be dry for pickup; but when the owner drove away it looked killer in the sunlight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Nice job . Really a nice ride.

3. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Looks great. Nice work !

4. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

nice work Chase. don't see much of your details being posted.

the interior of the sedan version is huge...same with the exterior...the one i did was much more worst than your's inside...

5. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

Good work Chase! Alex I don't think anyone here did more nasty interiors than you have LOL

6. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

Nice work Chase! You're a brave lad washing outside in the cold like that! :cold:

Thanks for the mention and for taking care of him. :cheers:

Was the paint in any need of correction?

7. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Alex, I'm a full-timer in another business but I just recently broke out into detailing on the side as a business. I didn't push too hard promoting myself this summer. But hopefully I'll be doing many more starting in the spring.

There were a few clusters and some RIDS but nothing that would really warrant a correction. At most it could use a hybrid detail.

8. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

Nice job Chase! Love that clean garage setup too, lots of room to work with!