Hows this pressure washer for a weekend warrior?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by stingray23, Mar 31, 2011.

1. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

2. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

3. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

4. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Pressure washer is something you will be using every time you wash your car. So, you have a few options - buy a cheap one and replace it every couple of years, or spend an extra buck on a durable one. I learned my lesson the hard way, and must admit, whatever you do, don't buy a cheap Karcher. PW you posted - I don't have ANY experience with, so I cannot comment. But if your budget allows you - get Cam Spray 1500A from Phil (detailersdomain), you will be glad you did. Remember - you get what you pay for...

6. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I was looking at the 383 but can not find a foam cannon to use with it. I still may get one.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The pressure washer you are looking at will get the job done no problem. As Supercharged said, spending a little more will be a better choice in the long run. The AR 610 is very similar to the Camspray unit, flows 2.1 gpm and can be had for $499 online.

8. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Is the AR 610 a 15 amp unit or 20?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

9. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

Thanks guys

10. co78

co78 DB Forum Supporter

I have the AR383 unit, it works well but I have only used it once. I am in the process of finding a matching fitting so I can use a foam cannon. Looks like the lavor fitting is the closest one.

11. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I was going to buy a Karcher, but I'm just going to hold back until I can afford a cam spray 1500

12. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Without any prior knowledge. Any reviews I read are generally NOT automotive application related. I think most negative reviews are from ppl expecting these units to strip down their decks. That would probably be asking too much out of a budget consumer PW.

13. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

im still shoping as well, thanks for that link it looks like a nice unit............. having a hose reel is a plus.

14. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

You can't connect a foam gun to this?

15. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

theres no official tips for it as far as i know (im also usually wrong) but im sure you can prob retro fit something on...

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Its a 15A. Here's a link for you. AR610

17. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

I have the AR610 and it is incredible! I can hardly hear the unit when it's on, it's fully adjustable and my foam cannon hooked right up to. However, if you cannot swing the $489 pricetag, then this unit might siffice. I think AR North America makes great pressure washers. Good luck with the purchase.

-Kody-

18. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Thanks for the info Kody ... have you used it for vinyl siding? I wouldn't mind buying it, but $499 for a dedicated detailing pressure washer isn't cost effective for me.

19. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

I'm sure it is nice, but $489 is a lot more then I'm looking to spend right now. I think I'm gonna give the AR383 a try.

20. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I wonder how the AR118 performs. It is a price I could afford.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk