How's This Idea?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by slanguage, Oct 13, 2009.

1. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I noticed on the home page, that it says the most users online here was 262, on 11-28-2007.

I thought, how cool would it be, on 11-28-2009 to try and beat that number?

It's just an idea, but since we have so many members now, I think we could pull it off. We just gotta get the people on here that don't visit as regularly as some of use do.

Let me know what you guys think.
    -Roger.

Oh, and is there a way to put this on some kind of calendar, or send out a reminder?

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

that'd be cool

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I'm on here like a bajillion times a day. No need to set a date for me to log on :D

Great idea though!

4. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Cool idea, I think we can easily beat it.

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

lets do it why the heck not.

6. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Same as Pektel... I'm gonna be on regardless... :D

7. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

I'll be here.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Good idea, I'm definitely in...how about you organize it slanguage once things have been settled I'll put it on the front page so everyone can see it.

I'm sure it can be done :thumb:

9. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

im in, im just going to leave a tab open in safari with DB open between now and then, so i'll basically be on constantly.

10. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I'm in, it just needs to be a good time for both east and west coast people.

11. UncleB

UncleB Virgin Detailer

I'm on here everyday now.... so I'm in!! Just post what time your aiming for. :headbang:

12. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Maybe something like 10 PM EST would be good for most people? As it would be after normal word hours for west coat people.

13. dadswrld

dadswrld Birth of a Detailer

That's funny Slanguage, I was thinking the same thing and was wondering if we would beat that on the day Nica made is Grand Announcement!

I'm sure now most will want to beat that number on the anniversary date.

14. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

im seriously on here all day...for example this morning i woke up at 5.30 AM to go to my early class. usually i have my macbook but i forgot today. so what do i do? i go on DB through my itouch. this forum has taken over my life lol so im sure ill be on here the 28th

15. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Im in .... anyway, never logout since joining DB :p unless sleeping hours :p

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I wonder if the forum will be able to handle this event, haha. :)

17. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

And, whoever makes 263 has to buy the beer for the house!!!!:drinking2:

18. Simon

Simon Two Bucket System Washer

And us in the UK :thumb:

:support:

19. Nica

Nica Banned

hmmm..good point...I'll take a look, last time I checked there was plenty of RAM, space, bandwith..ect..ect..and that was only a week ago.

Shockingly though, the forum has started to generate a significant amount of traffic and the server was being loaded up significantly...the hosting company phoned me and informed of what was going on, since then I had to increase RAM...I believe that was it. How ever if by some chance about 2,000 members and guest visit DB I know for a fact the server wouldn't be able to handle it, I know because currently there is enough RAM ect..ect..to handle about 1,500 members and guests.

That's the only draw back with growth, that with growth comes more expenses to maintain the forum up and running...I was shocked and happy at the same time to see the number of visits the forum gets per month...hmmm :shead: just thought of something...any who once there is a date and time set up I'll make sure the server has sufficient space and all that good stuff to handle it...boy can you imagine if we get 1,000 members and guest that would be something huh :nod: We can do it :cheerl:

20. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

nica,

if your server isn't a physical box and just a virtual slice call your hosting company and tell them you have an event that day and you need more resources for a 24 hour period. along with bandwidth maybe, not knowing what your current usage is.