How would I detail a sport bike? (what's the proce

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by m4gician, Mar 17, 2009.

1. m4gician

m4gician Birth of a Detailer

Hey guys,

I'm curious as to how to detail a sport bike that my neighbor wants me to do for them.

I have all of the equipment I use on the car, I'm just worried about what I would do with the engine exposed, the seating, etc.

I'm guessing ONR the whole thing? What kind of polish do I use for the metal? I was thinking blue magic?

How about the wheels? What parts of the bike do I wax?

2. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I used ONR on a Harley since its electricals are iffy. I hand polished most parts too just to be safe. Chrome/Mag polish where needed, Aerospace 303 on the leather seat, etc etc

I used Blue Magic and it worked fine ;)

3. m4gician

dude... you used 303 on the seat? The guy's gonna slip off on the highway...

4. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I would use Leather Masters on the seat. 303 was super slipper when I put it on my cars leather. And yes, I did buff it.

5. m4gician

A leather cream? That sounds good. On all the panels its easy...ONR, Klasse AIO, and Max Wax.

6. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Had no problems with it at all for some reason :shrug:

7. Detail Company

Detail Company Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi,

I made some bikes ,and I use in almost parts of the motorbikes use 1z carstar diluied in almost all the parts, on the parts there are painted I washed whit 1z car star to then clayed and polished like a car, crhomes I used 1z metal polish (crome polish) it cleans and protect at the same time in front and rear lights wetsanding, polished and in finish i uzed Meguiar´s plastic-x whit the PC just to get that finish, lots of work but in the end...:thumb:

This is the work that I done.

I´m not a Pro, but I liked a lot and the oners too.

Best regards.

P.s: Sorry my English...but I´m traiing....:sorry:

8. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

911fanatic recommended s100 total cycle wash with a boars hair brush. just let the water flow out of the hose instead of a nozzle.
    use megs apc as a degreaser.
    I will use the lexol twins on the leather.
    s100 polishing soap followed by blackfire all metal sealant to polish up any chrome, etc.
    I use novus polish for clear plastics.
    paint can be polished just like a car.

-hope this helps!!

9. Jay J

Jay J Birth of a Detailer

Sport bikes are waterproofed; just don't use a pressurewasher

10. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Me either. I did bike and posted it here:

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f47/my-1st-bike-detail-kawasaki-vulcan-3600.html

Treat it like a car. Heck the engine is exposed to the elements and water if its ever out in the rain. These things are desined to get wet. I work with a guy that has built two custom bikes by himself (extremely talented motorcycle builder) and he told me that I could get the entire thing wet. I used 303 on the seat and the guy never had a single problem with it.

11. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

if your going to do paint correction, i hear 4" pads are the way to go

12. m4gician

I have 5 inch pads, etc. Thanks for all of the advice, that link for your first bike detail was BOOKMARKED, fantastic resource.