How to steam the interior of a vehicle

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Nica, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I'm officially introducing the steamer to my detailing regiment. This steamer has not only proven to be useful on the exterior but makes interior work a breeze. Some of you are used to seeing me use a diluted APC to give the entire interior a wipe down, well the steamer has now eliminated this process and the new process is quite simple. I steam the area and with a yellow micro fiber towel I wipe, it's really that simple.

Well I'll let the video illustrate the process I've now implemented on my detailing process. Once again, please note that the video will show how I do things, it works for me and the intention is to simply help others.

With out further delay, the video:

www.detailingbliss.com/downloads/desktops/Steamervideos/steaminginterior.mov

Hope you enjoyed the video.

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks again for yet another great video. I'll be sure to include this one as well in the other thread. Thanks again!!!

3. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Great video Carlos that is the one I really wanted to see. Man that steamer makes fast work of those interiors!!!

4. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

:thumb: :thumb: :applause:

I can see it now a complete library is in the works. Nica productions presents: "Auto Detailing the Steam Way"

5. richy

richy Guest

I can see Carlos explaining to the police..."No officer, I was trying to have her star in my Steam movie..not a Steamy video"!!!

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for updating the other thread Denzil :peace:

Glad you enjoyed it, the steamer does an incredible job on interiors. Best of all I was done before I knew it...it was kinda odd because I'm used to taking "x" amount of time and when I finished I still wanted to do more lol. Thank you for the feed back.

lol...If I keep this up I'll be able to put that DVD together sooner then I thought :shead:
    All I know is that I'm having so much fun doing these videos it's great, that's why I keep on doing the videos :mounty:

:laughing: :laughing: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Always enjoy what you come up with richy :popcorn: :popcorn:

Keep it coming buddy :peace:

7. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

Wow that is amazing. Interiors take me so long, I wonder if that would cut down the time.

8. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

Yay, can't wait to see the vid!

9. ajnavo61490

ajnavo61490 Banned

i just got my steamer today, im afraid to use it on the parts around anything electrical fearing it would cause a short :/

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Well, the steamer helped me and I'm really slow when it comes to detailing..well at least I consider my self slow :shrug:

To be honest it's really not that bad...just make sure you don't leave the steamer on the same spot for too long...oh the other thing I do is I use my air compressor to blow off any excess moisture/water...but the steamer that I have releases the steam at high pressure so that's why I use it on electronic component areas.

11. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

A great video Carlos! I'll have to rethink the uses for my steamer.

Just another example as to why this is the best detailing forum out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Do you use the steamer for any outside bits Carlos? I've seen people use it for wheel wells etc.

13. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

excellent video nica. and excellent technique in cleaner interior of car. chemical free cleaning IMO is the best way in interior detailing.

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad you enjoyed the video :peace:

:nod: sure do, I use it on the surface of the vehicle, wheel wells, rims, tires, engine bay, door jams..ect..ect..steam is quite versatile :thumb:

Yes, I can definitely see the benefit of chemical free, so far steam has been more then enough to deal with anything I throw at it :thumb:

15. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

is it a vapor chief? i really want to get a steamer.. i think about the ton of uses it has and i am sold..but it is expensive and big.. at least the vapor chief is and as i am not a pro deatiler i doubt i would use it enough to justify the price.. but dammit i think i need to invest in a vapor chief or something this year!!

thx again Carlos!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOUR VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. CG SoCal

CG SoCal Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks Nica.

Would you please show pics of the unit and how you have it set up? Also, are you certain it is safe to use steam through the vents and around switches and say a NAV display screens, etc??? I'm a bit skeptical...

I would think it would be fantastic on the engine bay, dirty wheels and undercarriage though.

17. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: it is the Vapor Chief, to be honest it's one of the greatest investments I've made to my detailing arsenal. It's like the extractor, you don't know what your missing till you get one, then you wonder how you did with out it. I'm very pleased with this steamer, not cheap but worth every penny and will soon pay for it's self :thumb:

Pictures of the unit...um..sure. The set up is really not that big of a deal, it's a simple machine, you just fill it up with water (I use RO water) plug it in, let the steam/pressure build up, approximately 25min and then your set to go.

Regarding steaming the vents and electronics, to be honest the steam is extremely save. Once the machine is fully operational, meaning completely heated up, hardly any water gets left behind. Besides I follow up with air compressed air to blow any excess water that is left behind. I haven't had any issues, just yet...but just my experience :shrug:

18. razr007

razr007 Banned

I have same one and i feel same way can't understand how i did it without it.good luck with it also did you get the boars hair brush set? i had to with the Ferrari ,Lamborghini ,Bentley ,Aston martin ,etc. leather an dash don't want to scratch it up.

19. richy

richy Guest

Do you live in a house with ceramic floors? If so, you won't believe your eyes on what it does to grout! Its uses around the house are as many and as varied as with detailing a car. In fact, as I'm in withdrawl for detailing in this slow time of year for me, I find I'm doing a bunch of household cleaning so I don't go crazy. And the wife loves it!

20. Nica

Nica Banned

I've used this steamer on the bathrooms around our house and it works great too :thumb: specially on the shower :cheerl: