How to remove leather care from perforated seats?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by 2StepsAhead, Nov 2, 2010.

1. 2StepsAhead

2StepsAhead Virgin Detailer

How can I get some excess leather care from inside the pores of my perforated seats? I tried to scrub the seats with different soaps and even a little ipa/water mix and the brush just couldnt dig the stuff out of the pores. So then I tried a toothpick and a push pin to try and scrape it out sort of...no dice there either. Would a steamer work in this case?

2. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Leather care brush like the SV one or you can get a shoe brush that is made for keeping up the leather on shoes they are usually horse hair and are safe to use.

3. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

I have found that paper clips work very well. The very small ones, you bend them until they are straight or you have a straight part of it and then use that to push into the holes in the leather. The only problem I have had was not being able to remove the particles I have pushed into the seat. You said you tried a tooth pick, so this may not work but has always worked for me.

4. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

Spray the seats down with APC and use a brush to agitate. Dont scrub the leather but dab it so the brush hairs go into the holes. Once the conditioner is good and emulsified use a shop vac to suck it out.

5. 2StepsAhead

2StepsAhead Virgin Detailer

[​IMG]

I used this brush and Meguiars APC and it didn't work, should I use something with longer bristles? Maybe something with less bristles bunched together?

6. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

Toothbrush and compressed air works for me.

7. 99monguse

99monguse Birth of a Detailer

Toothbrush and air compressor works for me too. I personally think it was the compressed air that worked the most.

8. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

I've used a steam cleaner effectively on this kind of situation.