How to remove blood stains on a suede seats??

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by makos1610, Feb 22, 2010.

1. makos1610

makos1610 Two Bucket System Washer

I have a friend with a suede seats in his evo. Driver seat has some little blood stains on it. What's the best way to clean it without damaging the suede?

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Only thing I could think of is looking to see of LM has a strong suede cleaner. Blood is pretty hard to get out and suede is somewhat delicate so does not make for easy cleaning. Best bed is look at Leather Masters and see which cleaners they have safe for suede and pick the strongest.

3. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

Blood stains usually appear quite suddenly and so you should also act very quickly to be able to remove them. The longer you wait the more probable it is that you will not be able to remove the blood stain at all. Once a blood stain dries it is practically impossible to remove it without leaving some kind of a mark that a stain had been there.

So next time you find a blood stain act accordingly to the following instructions.

Firstly, rinse the blood stain quickly with cold water, but do not let the bloody water spread around the original stain onto clean surface as it will also spread the stain and cause you to do a lot more work to get the stain out. Definitely do not use hot water, as it might cause the stain to become permanent.

If there still is a stain you can use dish washing liquid to remove the blood stain. Add few drops of it into cold water and clean the stain area. Put it on the stain, but again do not let it spread around the stain. Also do not rub it in as it will not help to remove the blood stain.

Finally, after you have removed the blood stain try to dry the area as fast as possible either with a fan or put clean towels on the stain.

But with suede it is very hard i use steam now you could use hydrogen peroxide an dab it out but depends on the type of seat might lighten it up a bit.

4. makos1610

makos1610 Two Bucket System Washer

Thanks guys. He wants to clean it tonight, but i don't think Phil can ship that suede cleaner that fast ;) lol Blood is an organic stain so i'll try to use some enzyme cleaner. Thanks for all the info guys.

5. richy

richy Guest

Tony Soprano would know!!

6. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

I use hydrogen peroxide however I've NEVER tried it on SUADE

Also it only works if its new blood that has not dried.

Anyways it bubbles up and is gone forever... sometimes.
    If it's a lot rub it in a bit, dab up and add more till gone.

7. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I've used peroxide on all kinds of things but not suede. Might want to try a test area if possible.

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Twisted007- good advise

I would suggest you replace the dishwasing liquid with a speific foam cleaner as DWL is difficult to rinseout

Leather Master's Foam Cleaner (N-Nubuck / Alcantara® ) is a solvent free pump action product, which is extremely efficient for the cleaning of general soiling and water based stains on Nubuck, brushed aniline suede and perforated leathers. Always pre-test the product on a hidden area. This cleaner is an aerosol version of Leather Master™ Strong Cleaner. DD

9. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

TOGWT - good advise

i was thinking lm cleaner but i did not know if the seat had the foam under it or the hard fiber panel. every seat they make is so different now an without seeing you know can't really tell lol. i have not used the lm foam cleaner but i will try it thanks for the info.

10. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

Evo seats are alcantra I believe, not suede. If its dry you should try a brush and vacuum first because once you introduce moisture it will obviously want to spread.