How to make a purchase.

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by TheJag, Mar 17, 2009.

1. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

Well as we ll know everyone on this website is a detailing addict, we all have a problem, we buy hundred dollar tubs of wax, and spend more cleaning our cars that we do on most other aspects. So i felt it necessary to explain the proper method of ordering expensive car care products.

First off, research them, only briefly though, because if you spend too long you might lose your nerve.

Then, go to a good detailing website, (detailersdomain kicks some serious ass)

Find the product, get sidetracked, buy more than you intended to in the first place, then eventually buy the thing you wanted first off, ignore the price, and go for it. Finish the order, sit back and wait for the products to arrive.

Remember, doing everything quickly is critical, otherwise you might reconsider, and then you would be a pussy.

Cant wait for my Swissvax Glacier, Pneu, Cleaner Fluid, and applicator pad!!!

Thanks Phil!

2. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Exactly don't think too much. I did the same with my Swissvax purchase buy it now think about repercussions later lol.

That said now that I have gone Swissvax I don't think there is any turning back only same level or higher, this way the hobby just keeps getting more expensive hahaha.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Just remember guys, when the wife finds out, its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission!!

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Also, remember - it's only money, right?

Whoever said money can't buy happiness, well they've never bought a pot of supernatural/concorso/CR.

5. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

i agree with u :headbang:

6. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

well said, sir.

im totally in limbo right now with a DD order i have set up in my cart since last week. i cant pull the trigger, but now i have the excuse that phil added the SV pneu brushes, which i had asked him about, amd they'll be in stock tomorrow. consider the order placed by friday. should be a nice little haul. its funny its like a dope fiend waiting for his fix.

7. heatgain

heatgain Guest

Lately, I use:
    "But honey, it's a free sample!"
    or
    "I won it in a forum contest!"
    or
    "It was back-ordered from awhile ago!"

8. Cyclo

Cyclo Birth of a Detailer

This is not really accurate...

What you need to do is, once you know that you just have to have the flavor of the week, and you have decided what store your at, you need to then decide, heck, so and so has last weeks flavor for a $1 cheaper. But wait, if I get it their I'll be paying so much more in shipping. Then you figure, well maybe I just better save a bunch of shipping charges and get things I know I will want all at one store.

Then you suddenly wise up and say, hey, I know I will eventually need this, so I might as well add it to the order too.

Oh and don't be a wuss either, suck it up and buy it by the gallon. You want to impress the other detailers and the chic's with the large bottles to show your serious.

And then you know you want to really compete with the big boys, so you say, HEY that digital camera,, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa with that , I can make a foto/writeup on the new paintbrush I just bought and I can get everyone to say, cool , nice job once again man! Your the tit's. So as you have your cameraman/director shouting action and your ready for the closeups, your mind starts to race and your suddenly on the red carpet at the Oscars and women are tossing their panties at you.....
    Glasier arrives for me Wed. 03/18

9. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Well after reading this post I just placed an order with Phil. I got the new wax formulated for BMW's plus a bunch of other swissvax stuff. Man I can't go to DB anymore it always cost me money!!!

10. Cyclo

Cyclo Birth of a Detailer

huh? I lie lie lie or if I know that won't work, then it's deny deny deny

I think she's starting to get wise to me always blaming the cat for the farting now thou.

11. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

F'in' CLASSIC! I tell myself to go for the gallon size if available, it's a Better Value!

12. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: :nod: so true, I still do that from time to time when I get a phone call saying "were you expecting something to arrive?" I play a little dumb and start giggling :giggle:

13. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

The trick I usually play on myself is "Well, I'm paying for shipping already, so I'll just have (Phil / Justin / Ben ) throw a little bit more stuff in the box. It'd be a shame to waste that shipping on just one item, after all."

And procrastination can get you. The Highline PTG went up $25. Had I pulled the trigger a couple weeks ago, it would have been $200.

See? There's a lesson in all this stuff. Somewhere.

14. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

you said it all right there!