How to get most of the car in your picture?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Frankastic, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

Hi guys

I like to share a neat photography trick with you all. When I want to fill my frame with the whole car. I like taking pictures of the car at the corner with its wheels turned to show details in the wheels.

here is a example. When shooting up front, you would want the wheels turned in, to show off the rotors and calipers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

when shooting from the rear, you would want the wheels turned out

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and while the wheels are out, you can get a cool reflection shot of the wheels with the doors open

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!
    I hope you like this neat trick
    Franki

2. Kenny T

Kenny T Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice tip! Keep em' coming!

3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Thanks Nice tip Franki !!!

4. amz

amz New Member

• You can turn on the dome lighting on to put a bit of detail on the interior which can really make a difference. If you don't like the look of the point light sources, adjust your position and use the pillars to hide them. This would have made a big difference in the first shot.
    • Also, in shots like the last one, sticking a flashlight under the car shining into the rim on an angle will really help fill in the rim and, in this particular case, define the edges of the waffle-rotor.
    • If you're doing a sunset shot, adjust the angle of your mirrors to reflect the colours back into the camera.
    • Pay attention to the reflections. You don't want to get a wicked shot only to get it home on the big computer screen and find out something in the reflections ruins the shot.

stockley.matt and boredstudent3 like this.
  5. ashishaq

ashishaq New Member

The images of the car looks very nice and clean . You have taken this images in a perfect manner and the resolutions is also really good.