How to clean the ins and outs of a motorcycle?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Club Cheetah, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Club Cheetah

Club Cheetah Virgin Detailer

I have a Ducati 749 dark that I'm currently rebuilding. It's getting a custom engine so its completely apart.

My question is now that its in pieces its easier to clean. Mostly there is alot of road grime, tar, brake dust, and just down right nastyness all over the bike. Fairings are plastic and I used Adams detailing spray, then switched over to some E's premium cockpit. The E's seemed to make the plastics look better (for obvious reasons).

What would be the best all around cleaner for the frame, swingarm, forks, and other metal pieces. Also keep in mind there are various electrical bits around so a complete spray/hose down probably isn't the best idea.

Thanks,

Mike

2. richy

richy Guest

Mike, I've been riding for over 20 years. My suggestions to you would be to clean the grunge with Zep Citrus. Spray it on, agitate it with a brush and then rinse off with a hose with running water (no attachments or power washer in other words). Then blast it with a leaf blower. That should be safe for your electrics and clean it up well.

3. Club Cheetah

Club Cheetah Virgin Detailer

Perfect thanks!!!

4. Esienmann_M6

Esienmann_M6 Two Bucket System Washer

I have a ducati 1098s, I cant express how helpful it is the swissvax wheel brush. I have 4 for different
    tasks.