How to attach hose to blow end of Metro?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by bvhbmw, Feb 27, 2010.

1. bvhbmw

bvhbmw Birth of a Detailer

My Metro Vac N' Blo has a little raised nub on the blow side of the vac, so how do I put the hose on that end to use it as a blower? I can force it on, but it stretches the hose and I don't want to do that. Sorry if this is a silly question.

2. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

There isn't just a switch to reverse the air flow? I have a Metro Air Force Blaster and it was pretty hard to initially connect the hose to the unit all the way...had to stand the unit upright and put my body weight down on it, and then I had to clamp it down with the included silver coupling thingy and a flat-head screw-driver...it seems like it would be very time-consuming to have to switch the hose attachment from one side to the other, but mine is only a blower so maybe the design is different from yours.

Did you consult the owners manual?

3. bvhbmw

No, you don't reverse the flow.

Anybody else?

4. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

try to email metro

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Pick up the vacuum itself and just direct the flow on the 2in spout hehehe j/k. I've put my hose on mine a cpl of times, and it does the same thing. I dont use it enough on the blo part.

Email Metro. I bet they will have an answer for you.

6. bvhbmw

I figured it out. The little raised nub actually presses down into the nozzle so it's flush with the surface - it's hard to do the first time because the black paint is crusted on the nib, but if you push it down with your fingers it will go and spring back. Voila! Put the hose on either end.

7. edwinbong

ive only used the metro a handful of times, so haven't noticed that nub. will look when i do use it

8. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Thanks for the Update!!

9. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

My mind is in the gutter...

10. edwinbong

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

11. richy

richy Guest

Boy..I gotta feed mine drinks first.....

12. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Isn't that why they have hair?