How often do you change pads?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by ampbmw, Nov 25, 2007.

1. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

I recently switched from Edge pads to LC CCS pads, and am not looking back....but they are very different than edge pads maintenance wise. I could usually rinse out the edge pads easily and have them fresh use after use, but after just one use with the LC CCS pads they are hard to get all the polish out of...just wondering how you guys suggest I clean them, and how often should I replace each pad. polish a good bit probably once or twice a week, so my main concern is how long can I reuse them b4 I run into issues?

right now I'm using a brush and soap and water under the sink to clean them out is this ok?

and I suppose I should stock up on pads? about how many uses will I get out of each? I typically use green blue and white the most.

THANKS YOU GUYS ROCK!

2. distrbd

distrbd New Member

I use a little Tide liquid detergent ,rub it ,then wash it with WARM water and 1/4 cup of vinegar(in a small bucket) and squeezing it gently to bring the polish/wax to the surface then remove the wax which by now is almost dissolved by the vinegar.
    Now rinse again under the tap to get rid of the soap ,and leave it face up on a flat surface to dry.
    Sometimes I throw it in the washing machine to wash with the MF towels but you still have to do the first step (tide and vinegar in a bucket)before mixing it with your towels in the washing machine.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I use Wolfgang Pad rejuvinator and that stuff just works miracles!

4. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

I'm thinking about switching from Edge pads to LC pads too.
    I did have LC pads before Edge and use APC and rinse and put them on my PC on 6 and spin it until it's was almost dry.

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I use a soft brush and a woolite/ water mixture. I dont like using Dawn or other dish washing liquids. Then spin dry on the rotary and lay FACE DOWN on paper towel over night. How often you replace them will be different for everyone. Overall, I like CCS pads 10000000000000000000x more then the Edge system.

6. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Seems the Edge pads are either loved or hated. Nothing inbetween. Care to say why you hated them D&D?

7. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I had multiple adapters fail multiple times. And the pads tore apart frequently. Ive only used the Edge pads with the PC, not with the rotary. But I also felt the CCS pads cut better then the Edge pads on the PC.

8. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I clean my pads after each use with the dp cleaner. I only use the ccs pads, used the edge pads, like said above they come apart easily. Also the ccs pads produce better results.

9. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

I have multiple CCS pads so I just make sure I clean them once a week with either snappy clean or any apc will work. Spin Dry or Face Down drying works best.

The edge system on the PC didn't work out to good for me, but the edge system on the Cyclo is bullet proof!! CCS + PC/UDM/FLEX and Edge2K +Cyclo is the best combo I've found.

10. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I use DP pad rejuvinator. It says you can reuse the solution a few times. I rarely use it though so I just throw it out. It cleans the pads really well but the pads stay stained a bit from the color of the polish. I soak the pads in the solution for a while, then agitate with my fingers and also with a nail brush. After that I rinse out the pads as much as i can.