How many micro fiber cloths?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Denalio, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Denalio

Denalio Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Just wondering how many MF you guys go through on a typical polish and LSP?

2. Nica

Nica Banned

That's a tough one, when polishing I probably use 2 to 5 towels but that's depending on the size of the vehicle. For LSP I usually use 3 towels but it all depends on what product line I'm using if I'm using Zymol then it's at least 3 towels maybe even more like 5.

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I go through alot when doing a detail. I would guess about 20. I like a clean towel at all times.

4. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Can never use too many towels.

5. m4gician

m4gician Birth of a Detailer

for polishing, I like to have 3 or 4. (front, back and both sides). I use the Cobra MFs for polishing, and tornado buffing towels (thanks chris @ eshine) for wax and sealant.

6. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I use about 15-18 now. Used to be less but I found that if you just use each towel until its lightly soiled and then grab a new one right away it makes cleaning them later easier, instead of having like 8-9 heavily soiled MF's I have around 15 lightly dirtied ones that come out perfectly clean after a wash. I like to hang up a clean garbage bag in the garage and throw my MF in there after im done using one.

7. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I use a lot of towels during a detail....maybe 20-25 towels a car...I use one for every panel during polishing to wipe it down...one for each door jam...one for inside windows and one for outside windows...one for each wheel...3 in the engine area....3-5 on LSP removal...and so on....I try to keep a minimum product build up on a towel...and getting them to grimy also...much easier to clean that way

Al

8. Denalio

Denalio Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That's a lot of towels! thanks.