1. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

check out my website under engine detailing.....

On OEM engines..meaning mostly plastic engines, i hit it with a half and half degreaser. I then stand pretty far back to lightly hit the engine with water. I then cover the engine with AA tire foam. I dont like AA alot but it works great for this. I let the engine run for about 5-8 minutes while i start washing the car.

scottsdetail.com

and check out my photography website while your at it.....

scottscam.com

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

scott SCAM.com :D just kidding. Man those engines look great.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Your website looks good there Scott :thumb:

Your prices look low though? Is that what the going rates are around your area? Plain wash starting at $20 man that's low....but I do understand that every area is different and in certain areas you can charge "x" amount wile in others you may one charge "x" amount.

As for the pictures, wow very nice I like this one:

[​IMG]

Very nice.

The project duck one is nice hahahahaha...seriously though you got some skills buddy :thumb:

4. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

I have been experementing with my prices latley. People like to see low prices. Also i charge them depending on how far i have to drive. So if my neighbor wants a wash, will only charge him 20 bux. If someone 15 miles away wants a wash. Its gonna be more along the lines of 30-35. These prices also depend on the size and condition of the vehicle. I would rather have a low starting price to attract for attention, and be able to negotiate a price, than to start high and scare people away. See what im trying to do? My Average wash and wax runs from 45-65, and full details about 150-220...so those lower numbers are there just incase.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

I gotcha....thanks for sharing.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Thanks for posting Scott, detailing engines is one thing I still shy away from.

PS: always love your pics...

7. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Awesome web site! This pic is so true.....
    [​IMG]

8. DetailnDude

DetailnDude Birth of a Detailer

Nice looking work scott ! I'd like to take the Camaro for a cruise. Make sure you don't get known as the low guy in town that can bite ya. I have seen it happen to a couple guys and they are oob.

9. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

This thread is a year and a half old. Check the date before you post :thumb:

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Um...not trying to be rude or disrespectful, but what does the date of the thread have to do with anything?

The reason I ask is because what happens when a new members joins..oh lets say in 2011 and reads a thread that was initiated in 2009...is it in appropriate for that person who just joined the forum to post in that thread?

Again, not trying to be a smart ass or disrespectful here, I'm just curious what your intentions/reasoning was here that's all. The other reason I ask is because I sometimes do the same thing, bring threads back from the dead at other sites.

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I agree. When someone pulls up an old thread, it gives people who may have missed it a chance to read it.

12. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

yea, now i get to see scotts mobile detailings humble beginnings, that inspires punk kids like me who want to open their own mobile detailing businesses! thanks for being an inspiration!

13. kogenx

kogenx Birth of a Detailer

Heya Scott. Just a note
    Full Detail Staring at $190
    just a small spelling error. or if it is meant to be staring then im sorry.

Appreciate you sharing the website with us. Details look great

14. forcefedm3

forcefedm3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

great prices and pictures!