How do you work with Menzerna 85RD 3.02 ?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Amzoch, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Amzoch

Amzoch Virgin Detailer

How rpm you run it with? and how many pass?

2. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Final Polish (PO 85 RD) Finishing (M) cut 1.0 - gloss 5.0, 1000 -1200 RPM -White (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) or a Blue (finessing) LC CCS foam pad, maintain pressur but reduce speed

3. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

I use RD3.02 with either a wool pad, a polishing pad or a finishing pad depending
    on what kind of damages and or quality of the paint (IE hard or soft)

When compouding I use it with 1500+ rpm and do as many passes as it need to break down, never care for refining since I do this in the second step: polishing.

When polish I use 1500-2000 rpm and the same passes as above, but then I refine down to 1200, 900 and finaly 600 for a couple of passes.

Finishing: 1200, 900 and many passes on 600 with no pressure.

The guy was asking for the RD3.02, aka "SIP", not PO85RD ;)

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

:sorry: Menzerna GMBH, EU polishes have slightly different formulations and cut levels compared to the Menzerna US versions.

85 RD (US) is a final polish. EU have 85U, 85 RDU,85 RD 3.01 Gotta love their numbering system

5. nothelle

nothelle Birth of a Detailer

Never use it with rotary, but on DA i use it with speed 5, like Meguiars #83 but with longer playtime. cut 3.5, gloss 3 if i'm not mistaken, all out of 1-5 scale, exactly like #83. for Final polishing i use final finish 85Re5, cut 1 gloss 5, i think equivalent to 85rd. This numbering by menzerna always confuse me

6. Amzoch

Amzoch Virgin Detailer

Like yellow 3m pad?

7. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

The topic was "How do you work with Menzerna 85RD 3.02 ?"

Anyway, I dont want to sound like a wise guy :D

The polishes is the same, only different numbers and America also got some other products that you cant buy in Europe.

PO85RD= same
    PO106FA = same
    PO85RD3.02 = SIP
    S34A = same

Their numbers are very confusing since PO85RD is a finishing polish and RD302 is a medium polish :bla2:

Something like that :thumb:

8. Amzoch

Amzoch Virgin Detailer

Thanks Porta.. Do you use some QD when you use 3.02 not to dry out?

bra vi har en svenske som kan sakene sine :)

oT: porta. kor i sverige er du fra? skal til luleå om noen uker.

9. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Np. Haha, I work in Luleå! :) but now I am on vaccation in Piteå, 50 km south of Luleå.

Where are you from and what are you going to do in northern Sweden?

10. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

I typically use SIP with a yellow 3M polishing pad.

Speeds vary between 800rpms for jeweling and finishing to between 1500 and 1800rpms when polishing harder paints.

Hope that helps :thumb:

11. Amzoch

Amzoch Virgin Detailer

Porta: I`m from Norway, tromsø . Going on vaccation, is there almost every summer on vacation, on arcus camping.. Luleå is my second home town.. :) love the town and people there.

Carn; Thanks. gonna try yellow 3m pad next time..

12. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

use SIP (PO85RD 3.02) with uber yellow or green depending what we are facing, it works wonderful....and to extend play time i use Gloss it EVP prime..it helps a bit :)

13. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Then you have to go Piteå :D

14. Hey, has anyone mentioned this product works great with a uber yellow pad :deadhorse: