How Do you store your detailing supplies

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by K3RMiTdot, Jul 24, 2012.

1. K3RMiTdot

K3RMiTdot DB Forum Supporter

Looking to see all the ways everyone on DB stores there items!

Pics

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

In a van down by the river.....................

seriously it depends, in my garage it gets about about 115 during the summer so my LSPs are generally inside, but everything eles is on shelves or in totebins

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

On EZ Rect shelving in my shop. Gets up to about 90 in the summer but doesn't seem to affect anything. My expensive waxes go in my fridge. Most of them don't seem to be affected by the heat.

4. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

Shelves in the basement. My basement leads up to my garage. Keeps everything cool.

5. React

React Birth of a Detailer

Any thoughts on shelving/cabinets for my garage? I think gladiator may be the brand? Hook us up with some pics guys!

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

7. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

On shelves in the basement, detailing chemicals live next to the beer, wine and Scotch cache. It is in the high 50s/low 60s down there about nine months out of the year but gets up to 66 - 68F from late June through early September. I keep my towels, pads, brushes, and DA upstairs in the house (slightly lower humidity relative to the basement).

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I bought a wax fridge, but when it's 90F-100F in your garage at all times, it just doesn't make much sense. So I keep the LSPs in the house during the hot months. Everything else goes in my black and red Sears cabinet.

[​IMG]

9. React

React Birth of a Detailer

10. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet Jedi Nuba

I keep my machines, backing plates and misc. tools in the rolling tool bench drawers, and my products in the cabinet. MF towels are in the two MF condos on the right. The hanging cabinet is from our old kitchen when we remodeled it. Check Craigslist for people giving away or selling their old kitchen cabinets. Sometimes you find nice cabinets for super cheap, or free.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

that is a very nicely organized cabinet...

although if i were to use the kitchen ones, the wife would go nuts and my supplies down the kitchen drain also...haha

12. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

I use this to store and segregate my MF's accordingly:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/StorageOrganization/DrawerUnitsStorageChests/PRD~0423414P/5-Drawer+Deep+Tower%2C+White.jsp?locale=en

I keep most things in the house on glass shelves, the ground near my cabinets for the gallon sized jugs, and a couple rubbermaid roughnecks containers to hold products that I use more frequently than not for portability in and out of the house.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/StorageOrganization/ContainersBinsTotes/PRD~0428380P/Rubbermaid+Roughneck+Clear+Container%2C+47L.jsp?locale=en

13. K3RMiTdot

I'm thinking of getting a couple of those storage towers for my mf, but always sketched about the idea that dust gets in them...
    i cant say my parents garage is the cleanest in the world..

14. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

i use the storage tower for MF towels. i don't like the idea of using multiple containers

15. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

My built ins
    [​IMG]

Vacuum on the left, misc. tools and supplies on the right.
    [​IMG]

Bottom drawer contains extra spray bottles, applicators, and pre-dispensed soap
    [​IMG]

Second drawer contains Uber Sponges, and misc items.
    [​IMG]

Top shelf contains the misc items I access the most.
    [​IMG]

Right side. Top shelf holds extension cords, PC and GG DA. Middle shelf holds my Air Force blaster and LED lights. Bottom holds a bench/bag with polishes and LSPs and another extension cord.
    [​IMG]

Middle shelves contain my chemicals. Right side is mostly cleaning, right side is mostly protection.
    [​IMG]

Wall hung bins contain soaps, tools, and commonly used chemicals for easy access in the driveway.
    [​IMG]

Rack has my buckets.
    [​IMG]

Rapid Reel connected to indoor spicket (one of my favorite purchases)
    [​IMG]

Left side cabinet contains air tight storage containers that house my various towels; bottom one contains my pads.
    [​IMG]

16. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

Currently using a wire rack I picked up from an auction at my work along with several plastic totes for pads and towels. I'm looking to reduce the size of my storage in the garage to free up space. I don't need or use a lot of the stuff on my shelves so there is no need for it to be there. I'll bring the rack home and put it in the basement and reduce the container sizes from gallons to 32oz bottles at the shop for all but my most used items. I also want to have the products enclosed and I'll likely pick up a 36" cabinet like the ones above...been eying a unit at Lowes.

These pics are a few years old. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

18. K3RMiTdot

I am looking to purchase that unit sometime soon..

19. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Shelving in my closet...

Some older pics;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have had some more space :thud:

20. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

Plastic storage shelves from Home Depot in the garage. 2 plastic seal-able bins for microfibers. And the LSP's stay in my room because its way too hot in our garage.