How do you clean the seats?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by er1k, Apr 15, 2008.

1. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Wondering how everyone cleans then treats the seats they work on. If you don't mind I would appreciate the names of the brands/tools you use, also what you products you recommend and ones you don't. Thank you!

2. 1f1fan

1f1fan Birth of a Detailer

My procedure as of now.....

Cloth seats - Vac then apply ProChem TLC followed by hot water extractor (Mytee 8070) with rising agent. Maxim advanced fabric protector.

Leather - Leather Masters strong cut 1:1 with distilled water from a foaming bottle (strong straight if needed) Work it with a sponge followed by LM protection cream.

3. m4gician

m4gician Birth of a Detailer

If you don't have an extractor...

Try using a foam or aerosol upholstery/carpet spray and scrub and work in with a medium bristle brush. After that, you can use a spray bottle of warm water to soak the seats, and a wet/vac to suck up the liquid.

If you don't have time, skip the water spray and just use the wet-vac to suck up any left over soap or chemical. Then dry with a towel.

For leather it couldn't be easier, soak with leather cleaner (lexol, pinnacle, w/e), spray each seat down, wait a couple of minutes, work it in with either a leather sponge or mf towel. Then buff off. Apply leather conditioner, same process, and buff it off well.

4. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

And no matter what process you choose to use, make sure you give everything youre gonna shampoo and GOOOOOOD vacuum. The more work you do dry the less youll have to do wet

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Leather Master and 1z. I dont recommend using Woolite.