How do my steps look for cleanin my engine?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by sal329, May 6, 2008.

1. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I was looking at using Meg APC (10:1) sprayed all over the egine, then hosed off, use a brush and towels to get into the tight areas, dry, then some CD-2, for the paint use some ONR as a QD followed with Duragloss AW?
    I was also thinkin of removing the alt, blet and battery as it only takes 10 minutes tops. I need to replace my spark plug wires and put the new ones on using looms to give it the real clean look, so I was thinking while the wires are off I should fill the spark plug holes with tin foil as I clean the engine? Any other pointers or other products I should use?
    Here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. richy

richy Guest

Your process will probably be fine..I know MotorCity loves his CD2. I use ARO with 303 aerospace and get fine results with that. AW on an engine?? Hmmm..got me thinking about that one!!

3. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I'd do more than just fill the spark plug holes with tin foil. In fact, I would put the new plugs in there first.

The last thing you want to do is introduce soapy apc water into the combustion chamber!

4. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Im not changin the plugs they only have maybe 1k mile son them. I am changin the wires, so the plugs would still remain in the heads.

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I was thinkin of the AW for the painted areas, under the hood and fenders mostly.

6. jujuanne

jujuanne Banned

Nicely cleaned! Instead of removing the electricals, I just used plastic bags to cover them...I guess less work