how can I fix this leather

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by rm5, Mar 11, 2010.

1. rm5

rm5 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

First post
    This site sucks.........for my wallet. The more I read up here I keep buying newer and better stuff I thought i had a sickness with cleaning the cars, but i see they are more of my kind here.
    anyway my leather in my BMW is not as good as I would like it to be. I have been using lexol, zaino leather in a bottle but I want to get rid off the minor cracks and wear signs on the door handle and seat any suggestions should I get LM or leatherique.
    This site is also keeps my OCD going:doh: oh the pics are not that great.
    TIA

Attached Files:

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Not sure if the leather cleaners or conditioners are gonna get rid of cracks.

3. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

you might want to give a try to Leatherique Rejuvinator Oil.

Both products are suppose to be good but i do see more people using Leatherique.

Though your leather doesn't even look to be in that bad of condition.

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

+1. You probably need to refinish the leather to get rid of that. I am going to try one of my seats in the LS soon. I have some SEM leather paint to use on it.

5. rm5

The pic's really don't show the hairline cracks. So I should try the leatherique rejuvinator oil first ?

6. judyb

judyb Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Cleaners, conditioners, rejuvinator oils etc. will never get rid of cracks on leather. As you have a pigment coated leather what has cracked is the pigment and finish not the leather so this is what needs replacing.

If the cracks are still very fine it is the best time to do the job as the minimum amount will be required. If you wait until it gets much worse the problem becomes much more difficult and will not give as good results.
    The BRIT system of recolouring is one of the most effective on the market fo results.

Hope this helps

7. rm5

Where can I buy this in U.S . I did a search and it looks like it is sold in U.K
    Thanks I already pulled the trigger and bought leatherique. should I give it least a try ?
    thanks again

8. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

of course try it! But the only thing it will do is clean the cracks out. Maybe it will make them slightly less noticeable. Are we talking actual cracks, or just creases from wear?