How can DetailersDomain.com improve for you all...

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Sep 26, 2009.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Let me know I would like to see how you feel we should improve.

2. NotZeroSix

NotZeroSix Any Rag Vehicle Washer

DetailersDomain.com has been awesome to customer support and competitive pricing. Its the only store, that I know, carries specialty items such as Swissvax, adams, 1z, ubers, etc. However, I would like to see you guys carry other brand names more notably Meguiars, Chemical Guys, and the poorboy's lineup. This will expand business due to the variety of products and will become really a "Detailer's Domain."

Also, one thing is that shipping should be reconsidered. I know that you already have a concrete decision on the Flat Rate but it needs to relooked at. I added a SV brush, PO85RD, and a few other things that weren't heavy (probably under 5lbs) and the shipping was about $12. It bothered me a bit but I knew it would be worth it. But anyways, why don't you guys do USPS Flate-rate priority? I rather prefer them since they are low-cost, Fast shipping (2-5 days), and much more secure than UPS or FEDEX. (UPS and FEDEX just leaves my package on the front porch prone to theft.)

Oh BTW, all the money spent on detailing this past year, 60% of it went to you guys. Your deals and customer service is unmatched.

3. detailersdomain

thanks for the feedback.

on the cg and the pb stuff well I have items that I feel are just as good and similar in price.

on the megs items I believe 105 and 205 are great only if I can get competitive pricing will I carry the line.

as for shipping well UPS and FEDEX are better especially in the claims department and with great tracking systems. Trust me USPS at least in our area is horrible.

As for the shipping well we are in NJ and you're in CA our system is directly from UPS and FEDEX and its published rates. I don't mark it up.

Thanks again for the feedback.

4. bige441

bige441 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I would like to see some more kits or packages. Pad kits including all sizes with backing plates. All the leather master products in a kit. Both Leatherique products sold together. Just smaller things like that a bit of a discount to help you move just a bit more product. Notzerosix is right would love to see the megs, chemical guys, and FK line (especially thier decon kit)

5. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

I think you are doing great Phil, I don't have many suggestions that I can think of, if I do come up with some I'll let you know. Keep up the great work! :applause2:

I love your original products, as in the Uber line, they are top-notch. Your yellow pad is pretty revolutionary IMO, it cuts like wool but it's so soft and easy to use, and your green and blue pads are fantastic. Think of some creative ideas, stuff that isn't really out that much. Maybe something for specifically getting in lug nut holes, like a small foam tipped brush or something, for those ones that are really bad and need more than the SV brush.

Also, this is just IMO, but I would not really worry about carrying the full Meg's Detailer Line, because there's one major website that sells just Meguiar's and seems to have huge control over that portion of the market and every single Meg's product available. Instead, just get 105/205, just the most commonly used stuff.

Also, I like the fact that you picked up Collinite even though it is not a major brand and rather just a single product.

Anyway, that's just off the top of my head. You're doing great, keep it up! :mounty:

6. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Good suggestions, just to build on that, I would love the Decon kit, and also a cheaper alternative to P21S wheel gel, there's a good amount out there like Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner, CG's new Diablo Gel, etc.

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I really like to see that DetailersDomain carries rare and hard to find items, but I would love to see DD carry full line of Collinite, like 915, and 476S.
    Other then that, I think Phil already doing an awesome job, and he is doing even better by asking his potential clients what do they want to see from his website.

8. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

A lot of stores have detailing meets....

9. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Go for international market Phil ... but You need to find the better shipping like Chemical guys, autogeek did for us. I did find ur shipping cost was too expensive for us to import.

To be honest, some of ur promotion items are very competitive though ... I would like place order when 25% discount ... but the quote shipping cost was too expensive.

This is only my opinion, I dun mean to offence or criticise.

10. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

maybe some more hard to get stuff. like scholls, SV pad kit (maybe). I would love to see more 1Z suff. they have a lot not carried by anyone here. you know I'll buy it :D

Oh, and keep up the great service and sales!

11. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

oh, and valetpro stuff. been wanting to try bilberry and snow foam.

12. phillystyle

phillystyle Virgin Detailer

I would like to see you pick up the soft99 line.
    they make some excellent products!:support:

13. detailersdomain

we have a decon system coming really soon, not FK but another one that is hard to get but works well, I have been using it for years.

International shipping that's a tough one I'm already charging the standard rates. Would love that market as well.

14. detailersdomain

Kits more leather kits and combos.

pad kits etc...sure thing that's easy stuff.

15. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I know UPS volumes discounts and I have to believe some of your competitors get a discount off standard rates. I think some quote the rates and pocket the delta.

USPS seems to be the cheapest for smaller packages and should be an option since the flat rate options are really good. It may not work for everyone but really encourages the small order guy if shipping was $5 to $7 when it can be used.

16. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

I personally have no QUALMS on the shipping. UPS and FedEx have a more polished system. For ground packages, I would only use UPS. I am NOT a big fan on how FedEx ground is using subcontractors and I see QC controls . But their internal *tracking * system still IMO is WAY better than USPS by leaps and bounds.

Logistically, it is also better for someone to utilize one shipping system than handling 2 IMO.

And for those complaining about rates, just take into account the box material, the person picking and collecting your items, the person boxing it and putting those *bottle lid* label stickers on them, etc.

All of my purchases that have come from DD are pristine.

Guys, I get USPS has decent flat rate shipping.....but instead of the price attached to that......IMO, recognize that DD has great prices and great CS already and that is why I shop there. That extra $3-$5 saved by going USPS is not worth it on the logistical end.

P - Sorry if I threadjacked your thread. It this skews your post.....I will as Mods to delete.

17. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Phil have you noticed a decline in sales lately?

Are you trying to fight a tough economy too?

I just felt like asking a couple questions to see why you felt that your business needed a pick me up. You know from all of us that your CS is 2nd to none and you carry some of the best products out there. It just worries me to know that someone trying to make it in life and better themselves and provide for a family might be having problems.

With your high ratings from members across all the boards you are a part of, just remember, if you sell it, we will buy it. I know you will make the right decisions for your company and I am many others will stand behind you 100%.

18. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

I would love to see the chemical guys line up and just some random useful items BUT the way you run DD right now cant be beat

Also if you sold appeal or other stuff with DD on them it would be good

19. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

It would be GREAT if when you try to order something that is not in stock if a message would pop up saying it has to be ordered and there will be as delay.

20. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

i would also like to see you carry more brands. 1 of my pet peeves is that i have to buy my supplies from several differant places. i wish i could buy my supplies from just 1 supplier i would save tons of money in just shipping & handling. you do carry most of the brands i use but i would like to see a few more like zaino, zymol, sonus, blackfire, autoglym,303,meguiars,gloss-it,stoners and chemical guys. i think you do a awesome job and its great your asking our opinions its seems like everyone on db buys from you but think about the business you lose when we have to buy from someone else who carrys a brand that you dont. keep up the good work phil :)