Hot water Extractor

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by k33psp00lin, Oct 2, 2008.

1. k33psp00lin

k33psp00lin Any Rag Vehicle Washer

2. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

I personally use a LGM, but at work I have been able to use a Thermax before. To me my LGM can achieve the same results on cars that don't have terrible stains on the interior. It does take a little longer to work them out, but it is 1/10 the price of some of the really nice extractors. Now when you are dealing with disgusting interiors with heavy stains, there is no replacement for a good hot water extractor. So I guess it all depends on what you are working on. I know personally I'm not going to be working on any trashed interiors so for now my LGM works just fine for me.

3. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I like my LGM as well. Got a hell of a deal on it. One of my faveorite detailing tools EVER!!

4. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Aztec Hot Rod, best thing in my arsenal beside smy makita

5. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Personally I have my eyes set on the Mytee Lite II.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

When I had my shop, I had a Mytee. Now I use a Mytee Lite for my mobile setup. Both have been excellent.

7. IanB

IanB Two Bucket System Washer

I would add that I have an extractor and it is a beast to maneuver around inside the interior. The tool is somewhat light, but the hose is very stiff and heavy, difficult to maneuver into tight spots (think between seats etc.). So, the proper attachments/tools are super important.

HOWEVER, that said, if you are spending 50 + minutes treating/scrubbing/vacueming carpet, you could reduce that to around 30 minutes or less depending on the car. Also, hot water extraction really helps get things clean and eliminates odors ( in my opinion other things seam to cover up odors more). Can you get the same job from the shop vac, on most cars, yes.

Can you get more and better from the hot water extraction on all cars, most definitely YES.

If you are a more for everyone kind of detailer, the extraction is the best way to go.
    IB

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I just picked up a Mytee Lite II and have yet to try it. From all the high praises I've read, I think I'll be a happy customer for a long time, hehe.

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I have the unit you linked... It works very well

FYI: it is not heated BUT I simply add hot water

10. gregk

gregk Virgin Detailer

I have a Aztec Hot Rod as well. It is worlds better than the LGM. I had to use my "back-up" LGM when I was getting a replacement Hot Rod(switch issues under warranty) last week and I can't believe I used to used the LGM full time. The LGM is great for the money, but when you start using a machine that with a real hose(not the 3' LGM unit) real suction, much larger tanks, wider tool and heat, you will never want to go back. A heated unit will remove stains better and dry quicker than just a hot tap water unit will.

I bet it took at least twice as long to do the jobs last week than my Aztec would have taken and did not dry as fast. If all the seats and car interior ceiling are bad, the LGM is a pain because of the short hose and small tanks. You can leave a larger extractor outside of the vehicle and just use the long hose to get everywhere in the car. The hose it comes with is flexible like a regular vac.

If you are mobile, you may only have access to cold water, so a heated unit will always be hot as well as providing hotter water than a hot water tap can provide. For $280 it looks like a decent unit, but if you can stretch the budget to $500, you can get heated units.

The Aztec and Mytee units are the ones I would look at in the smaller, entry level units.

11. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

Theres really no comparison between an LGM and an extractor. I wouldn't even attempt to clean carpet with an LGM. Honestly, the unit you are looking at is ok, but I personally prefer atleast 100 PSI in an extractor. If you think you are going to still be detailing in 5-10 years, stretch your budget for a better unit.

12. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

I professionally use a Mytee HP60

13. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

I love mine as well :headbang:

14. IanB

IanB Two Bucket System Washer

I run around 80 PSI constant on my pump, which really isn't spectacular if you ask me. I should have not talked myself into getting the 'closest pump' to my original spec pump. I should have gotten one with 100 PSI continuous rather than the 80 or so I get in real world use. It doesn't make a night and day difference, but if you can do a section in one pass, rather than two or three (because the higher pressure is pushing cleaning solution down into the pile of the carpet better) then you are saving time, and that means your saving money.

IB