Homemade wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by bryansbestwax, Aug 28, 2008.

1. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Well with the interesting read before and the helpful post by Rubbish Boy I am going to try my own wax. I actually found a chemical company close by that has all or most of the raw ingredients. Wish me luck

2. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Good luck, let us know

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hehe, good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I wish you the best of luck. You have to be pretty brave to dive into something like that!!! What kind of wax are you thinking of??? :thumb:

5. bryansbestwax

Similar to taht of Rubbish Boys, only no orange oil, I will fiddle around with a few other oils and solvents.

6. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

Best of luck to you.

7. DetailAddict

DetailAddict Two Bucket System Washer

cool!

i'll do a search, but mind posting a link to that homemade wax from rubbish boy? Thanks!

8. bryansbestwax

I will have containers , 2oz with sealed lids, found a good price. I may start brewing in two weeks. Anyone one intested in testing let me know.

9. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

ill wouldnt mind testing for ya

10. bryansbestwax

11. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

ooohhhh.... I wanna be a tester!!!

12. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I would really like to help out. If you have enough to go around. remember that I'm no pro. So if you don't have enough to go around. Thats O-Kay, give it to the pro's. :thumb:

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

If you're willing to send some my way, I'd be happy to test them for ya Bryan.

14. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I'm down to test if you need me. Got some of OE to make a comparison of lol, who knows, maybe you'll find Bens formula :p

15. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

I'm up, let me know the cost and i can send a Money Order. Thanks for asking. Best of luck also.

16. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

17. bryansbestwax

Wax is on its way, now all I need is a scale and measuring equipment, and some solvents.

18. bryansbestwax

Looks like I will pour them in 1.5oz jars. I have about 200 grams of each of the raw materials coming for trial. I will look at responses and send out to those who were interested if the wax works out ok. More to come

19. bryansbestwax

Anyone know if Turpenoid is the same as Turpentine?

20. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

i wanna test :) !!!!