home depot foam cannon

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by wwevo8, Apr 26, 2011.

1. wwevo8

wwevo8 Birth of a Detailer

I saw a video on youtube of a "foam cannon" from home depot and it looked like it worked pretty good so i looked it up an saw that it was only 17 bucks so i picked it up yesterday.

here is the link to the homedepot page and the link to the video i saw
    Green Earth G-Foam Blaster for 4,000 psi Pressure Washers - AGPWF04 at The Home Depot

YouTube - G Foam Pressure Washer Foam Blaster

I tried it today with chemicals guys extreme body wash. i used 2 oz of soap and 3 oz of water and was happy with the results prepared to the foam gun.

this pic is about 1 min of dwell time and my pressure washer is only 1600 psi and the G foam blaster is rated to 4000 psi

[​IMG]

2. jsraaf

jsraaf Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Seems to work pretty well! I think the guy in the video may need a slightly longer lance for his PW however. :giggle:

3. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

Looks good, I really hope my Riccardo gives me some shaving cream action though!

4. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

def good for its money, at 1/5th of the price of our full blown foam cannons/lance, it doesnt make as much of a thick foam but i think you cant ask for much at 17 bucks, a bargain man.

5. wwevo8

im really happy with it plus it has a 1/4 quick release so it just clips right onto most pressure washers

6. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Looks like something I will need to get to start out with when I get my in-laws old gas PW. I wonder what type of foaming you would get with a product that most people use in their foam canons? I noticed he is only using Opt soap in his, that could be one reason why it isn't all that thick.

7. wwevo8

just found a thread about this from last month lol

8. amercour

amercour Birth of a Detailer

I bought this over the weekend at my local Home Depot, and it is fantastic! I used it with Adams car wash and my 2500psi washer, and this did an incredible job of producing a super thick long lasting foam that completely coated and clung to the car. I will take pictures next time. I got the same exact results as one would see with a much more expensive foam cannon. I was blown away. It made my Gilmour Foam Master II look like a bubble blower. It feels like a quality product, and unless you are a professional detailer it should be more than sufficient.

9. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Cool looks like a pretty nice find! I may have to get one myself! Thanks.

10. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

That's very impressive for the price. I might get one to try out as well.

I can't seem to find this item on the Canadian homedepot site. Anyone know if it's carried in Canada?

11. kyoshiro

we dont have it in canada, joey was trying to source one from US last time and i think someone offered

12. v|nsan|ty

Ahh crap. I want to get a foam cannon but I don't think my PW is up to par. It seems like there are only Karcher and Kranzle attachments that come with foam cannons and I have some random one I got as a gift.

13. kyoshiro

just try out connectors or try and retro fit lol

14. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

15. v|nsan|ty

Thanks for the link but I have no idea what connector I'd need.

My PW is called "Powerwasher", model number is PW1400-V-CA if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

16. kyoshiro

well it looks like it'll do 1400psi lol

17. v|nsan|ty

Lol indeed that's what the box says. I looked through the owner's manual but there is no indication of what type of attachment I would need.

18. kyoshiro

yea wont find it in manual, take a picture of hte attaching head and we'll all have a look lol

19. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

20. jsraaf

jsraaf Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Go to Home Depot and see if you can find this PW adapter set -- it's possible that one of them will fit, and then you can know for sure exactly which adapter will work. Some look like they'll work but once you try it, it's not quite right. I ran into this with an AR383 PW I had purchased; none of the adapters in this set fit the unit though they looked like they might.