Helped out a friend with his Scion TC

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by klumzypinoy, Apr 10, 2008.

1. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I keep forgetting to post this detail up :doh:
    I did this over spring break. Me and my friend wanted to have a little detail day and I wanted to teach him for a bit how to use a DA polisher.

Here's what we used:
    Meguiar's gold class shampoo (wheels and body)
    Shmitt and sheepskin
    Wheel shmitt
    Meguiar's aggressive clay
    Meguiar's UQD as lube (I diluted this 50/50, worked well, smells TOO damn strong)
    UDM with orange pad/XMT3, then white pad/106FF (just on one spot on the hood)
    Cleaned paint with Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer, UDM, and white low pro pad
    Pinnacle Signature Series II

No befores, didn't have time :whistle:

Here's the after results though, after a few days and after a wash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We tried to remove the swirls on this spot as much as we can with the time we had :eek: I wish I had more time to stay

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Looks good klumz, that's a nice vehicle is the front bumper factory or has it been replaced? It looks nice.

Vehicle looks nice shame about the last picture as it looks like some micro marring is left on it but still I bet it's better then it used to be...oh and it's blue :druling: nice

Thank you for sharing with us.

3. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Looks good Klumzy. I could use a spring break.

4. richy

richy Guest

Klumzy..great of you to help your friend...hope he didn't arrive empty handed...beer always goes well with detailing!!:drinking2::drinking2::mounty:

5. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Looks great man! You need to take your time. LOL

6. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

The Scion really looks good..great job...Hope your buddy will take care of it..did you teach him proper washing to keep further swirls away...lol....

Great Job

Al

7. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

the car looks sweet klumzy

nice work

8. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Nica - Thanks a lot :D. He put a chin spoier on it. Yeah, darn micromarring haha I wish I had time to remove it. Believe me though, his car is swirled pretty bad. I love the blue color too :druling:

GBS - I think you should take a spring and summer break :D. Thanks a lot Gary!!

Richy - Haha actually I went over to his house. We had PIZZA :) YUM. Nah, no beer sadly. I wish! Thanks for looking.

KT - I wish I had time :( haha thanks a lot man :D

Al-53 - Thanks a lot for the compliment :D. Yeah he tries to take care of it with the money he has. I just need to get him to buying some more stuff, especially microfiber and some applicator pads. I for sure taught him the washing techniques. He was actually smart to buy this bucket that had a grit guard sorta insert at the bottom, but he only does a one bucket method :(.

joe p. - Thanks a lot :) definitely better than my car haha.

9. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

That came out pretty good. That color looks great especially in the first pic.

10. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

mettalic blue really pops out.. good job pinoy!!!

11. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

nice job. nice color too

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks a lot guys. I was surprised how well the color came out after the detail. This is one of my favorite shades of metallic blue.

13. wytstang

wytstang Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Looks good from here.

14. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks wytstang!

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice work Klumzy PONY!!! That looks EXCELLENT, that blue is just amazing...

16. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Haha :mounty: thanks a lot!