1. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

:help: Ok, so I tried to do my friend's car today, it is an 05 white Camry. I was really surprise to find that the cc was rock hard. I used the Flex at speed 6 with IP/orange pad combo and I barely made a dent on the swirls. I also tried SFX 1 and a white DAS Pad, and nothing. Man, what a frustrating experience :wall. I ended up just doing the inside while I research other combo for the paint. I need some suggestions. What else can I try? I don't own a rotary nor have experience with one, so what other combo do you guys recommend? Here are a few pics of the paint:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

sip maybe?

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Yeah, SIP is what I am thinking about next. Is there a big difference between IP and SIP? If SIP with the orange pad does not do the job, what should come next, yellow pad?

4. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Holy mackerel man. Those are some bad swirls. Give SIP a go and if not, M105 should take care of it.

Good luck, post back some stunning results soon!

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

M105 or Power Gloss, my first choice would be M105 becuase of the way it finishes down so nicely

6. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

It was hard to capture the swirls because of the color, but man, that car is in really bad shape, the worst I have ever seen. What is M105?

7. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Meguiars M105, it is their new compound that finishes down nicely, just follow up with a finish polish and go to your lsp and you are all set.

8. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

What pad should I use for the M105 if I have to go that route?

9. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

10. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

IMHO i wouldnt go wool since you are using the Flex DA...Orange i would try..i havent gotten around to using 105 with a DA (Meg's recommends rotary only) but others have had success using 105 with flex and orange...

11. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Good point J Bell, Havent seen too many people use wool with the flex. I am just so use to just using a rotary all the time I base it off of that.

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing.

13. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

come on over! Riverside isnt too far from CHINO HILLS!

14. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

:worship2: Sweet! I need someone to teach me the rotary or just help me out with this one. Check you In box, just sent you a PM.

15. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I have been reading quite a bit on polishing options for the flex..i have one and have done some great correction with it...but i envy you Asphalt because grabbing 105 and wool is the best option i would think...im gonna grab a rotary soon...

16. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I hear you. I've had many incredible results with my Flex, including a Mercedes with hard cc, but for some reason, this Camry just kicked my a**.

17. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Very nice of you FMINUS!! :applause2: