Help with Odor Issue

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by detaildoc, Nov 16, 2008.

1. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Ok, so I had a pack of gum in my center console. I forgot about it and it was in there for weeks and it has been very warm here in Riverside. I took it out the other day and the smell was strong and very unpleasant, yes from gum. I can't seem to get that smell out. Any suggestions?

2. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

I have CG sofast, I like how it works and the apple smell is nice.

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

The smell is mostly on the plastic areas. I washed the interior lining, but the smell won't come off the plastic parts.

4. heatgain

heatgain Guest

Meguiar's has an odor spray, saw it in K-mart for $1.00. Also, OXO makes an odor spray, I think veterinarians sell it. In the dog aisle at Walmart there are odor sprays for dog accidents. These all work on the same principle: enzyme action. Any one of those would help if you wash the affected plastic with it.

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Awesome. I will try those. Thanks!

6. heatgain

heatgain Guest

Slight correction. It's called X-0 +.

7. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

See if you can bum an ozone machine off of someone in your area

8. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

use ozone if possible. use something that can penetrate the plastic.. this is why there are all types of ways to package food..you don't want your coffee to taste like wintergreen gum in the morning do you?

i would seriously use an ionizer but something tells me that piece of plastic needs to go in a sink submerged and thoroughly cleaned.. not just a sray and wipe..also are you sure the odor isn't coming from beneath? something easier for the smell to cling to than plastic? maybe that bag of white volcanic rock..zolite or something.. it works forever and works and you can throw the bag in the console. good luck let us know how it goes