help with buying products.

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by someguy1.8t, May 17, 2010.

1. someguy1.8t

someguy1.8t Virgin Detailer

Hello everyone. Im not a professional detailer. I just like detailing my car. So with that said, would it be better for me in the long run to just buy everything in gallon? again this is just for my car that i will be washing ounce a week if possible, if not every other week. Will the product go bad if left on the shelf for a long time? Or should i stick to the regular 250 to 500ml bottles?
    Also what sort of products should i buy in the gallon size, like the necessary degreaser, wheel cleaner, shampoo, etc, or what?

Thanks.

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Things that have a shorter shelf life are sealants, maybe glazes. I don't think you are supposed to use sealants after a couple years.

Shampoos, APC's, wheel cleaners, etc. should be fine as long as they stay within a decent temperature range. Don't let them freeze or get hot and you should be fine. Also, shake up any abrasive polishes about once a month to make sure they stay mixed up. I hear it's bad if those are allowed to separate.