Help, Water Spots

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Berscht, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

I have a customer who just brought up a 2007 Corvette from Texas. There are some really bad water spots on the side window that I just cant seem to remove. I usually just use #0000 steel wool and glass cleaner or just some menzerna 106ff and that has always works. However on this windsheild nothing seems to work. The cusomter is picking up the vehicle on Tuesday so ordering something from the online vendors is out of the questions. Any tips or suggestions?:help:

2. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

You need to find a glass cleaner that is acidic like MX7. Google it and see if you can find it in a store near you.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Try Power Finish on a white pad. Keep the speed low.

4. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

Cant seem to find any, thanks for the advise though!
    I will give that a try tommarow. By low what type of speeds are you taking about. like 800-1000rpm range?

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

have you tried cg water spot remover?

6. detailjohn

detailjohn Detailers Advertising Scheme

Try powergloss with a microfiber towel by hand. It should take care of it.

John

7. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

I did :giggle:

8. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I don't get it?

9. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Use the least abrasive product first-

1. Use a paint surface cleaner (Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner or Duragloss 501)
    2. Try to dissolve the alkaline-based, surface/etched mineral water deposits try one or more of the following;
    a) Use a 2:1 or stronger solution of distilled water/distilled white vinegar (Acetic acid)
    b) Try a 2:1 solution of distilled water/Isopropyl Alcohol (adjust ratio as required)
    c) Or equal parts distilled water/distilled white vinegar/Isopropyl alcohol.
    3. Clean the effected surface with Klasse All-In-One or Zaino Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner
    4. Use detailing clay to remove any `hard' surface granules
    5. Use a machine polish (Optimum Polish, Optimum Compound) and a cutting (LC White, Orange or Yellow) foam pad (speed # 4- 5.0) to level the paint surface
    6. For Ceramiclear or other hard clear coats substitute Menzerna for machine polish; Super Intensive Polish / Nano Polish (105FF) or Final Finish Polish (106FA)
    7. Use the least aggressive polish/foam pad first, if this doesn’t remove the problem step-up to a more aggressive polish / foam pad set-up
    8. Menzerna Power Finish (PO203S) - (M) this is a one-step scratch remover polish is formulated for CeramiClear or other ‘Hard’ paints. It will remove 2500 grit, cut 3.0-gloss 3.5, is formulated as a quick way to polish out light flaws and amplify the paint’s gloss. Use a primed Orange (mid range, high density foam (60 PPI) medium abrasive cutting action LC CCS foam pad 1200 RPM
    9. Wet-sand with 2000, 2500 or 3000 grit finishing paper

10. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

11. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Try some chrome polish on a microfiber applicator, that has never let me down when I have to deal with severe waterspots on the glass of my parents and clients cars. That is the last line of hope before I bring out the PC and some glass polish.

12. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

With the products availbile I ended up using Megs 105 with a 4 inch orange pad on my rotary. It provides good results but I was not totally happy with the result. I think i might pick up that professional glass polishing kit after seeing the results Clark got with it.