help on good maintenance wash pre-foam?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by someguy1.8t, Jun 3, 2010.

1. someguy1.8t

someguy1.8t Virgin Detailer

Hello Everyone. I have tried searching, i just seem to be running in to lsp stripping pre-foams for detailing. I want a pre-foam that "won't" strip the wax or protection. Something that makes lots of foam. I am using the gilmour foam master 2 gun. This would be for a every weekly maintenance wash, before i wash with shampoo and single bucket method. I was thinking about the chemical guys citrus wash clear or daily. Any thoughts on that? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

2. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

you could just use the soap that you are gonna wash the car with in the foam gun, that way you get your pre foam and get some loose debreas off, but also it wont strip the wax or sealent off.

3. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

I agree, I have tried a number of car wash shampoos in the the foam gun and foam cannons and all have great results.

4. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

yep just make sure you dont use too much soap in the foam cannon or the dilution will end up removing your previous LSP

5. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

CG Maxi Suds is as the name says- Maximum Suds.
    I use it for a maintenance wash pre-soak. Rinse off. Then wash with CG Glossworkz.
    I dont really go by the dilution ratios. I go by slightly less. I think its just about getting the dirt off with as little diluton as possible.

6. bjungx007

bjungx007 Birth of a Detailer

CG axi Suds II is a good one, All the ones you can buy from wal mart like meguiars and turtle wax says its wont take off/strip any sealants/waxes from the car. Hope this helps! And i also would point you to DB's Sponsors websites to see the description on some soaps to see what they are used for. GL!

7. someguy1.8t

someguy1.8t Virgin Detailer

Thanks for the help everyone. Ill look into all the suggestions.

8. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

9. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Megs gold class would be your most economical solution, and you can get it at walmart or whereever. If you want something nicer I would recommend optimum wash soap. Its by far my favorite soap.

10. Reflect

It depends. Clark claims that he gets great foam at a 400:1 dilution ratio and it's $23 a gallon at ADS. I don't know the dilution ratio for Gold Class but it might not be as good.

Edit. It's looking like Gold Class is a 128:1 dilution ratio, you might be right about it being more economical but I don't feel like doing the math. It depends on other factors like foaming and cleaning ability too.

11. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

billy, what kind of concentration do you like to use for gold glass? in your cannon/gun?

12. Reflect

$15 a gallon for Gold Class at ADS.