HELP! - Messed up the clock

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by froboy272, Sep 22, 2009.

1. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

Oh Boy! I was cleaning my brothers M35X today with my Majestic Solutions Leather and Plastic cleaner, 1:1 with 2oz of CG leather scent.

After i passed over the clock on his dash it immediatly hazed up. I tried glass cleaner with no success. How do i fix this? Any advice is much appreciated

[​IMG]Not his car but interior is identical for reference.

2. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Can you tell if the hazing is on the inside or outside of the glass covering? I say that only because I wonder if some got inside the glass cover

3. froboy272

it is on the outside. when i went over it with glass cleaner the hazing dissapeared for just a second and then it hazed right back up

4. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Just a shot, try some KAIO on a MF. I had something like this happen on the radio display of our Corolla.

Good Luck!

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

+1 on KAIO.

6. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

let us know how you make out with the KAIO

7. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Thank you for the heads up. I always try to keep strong cleaners off of stuff like touch screens, but it would certainly be easy enough for a stray corner of a towel to reach out and run across a satnav screen. LPC is a pretty strong cleaner.

8. froboy272

This is not the nav screen that im talking about. its the analog clock with the clear plastic cover in the middle of the radio controls

9. wykidls8

wykidls8 Virgin Detailer

try meguiars plastx if its plastic. same thing happend to me with my guage cluster. plastx fixed it then i followed up with some wax

10. froboy272

ohhhh man. I dont have any Klasse products. Just called a local detail supply store and they dont carry it.

11. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Do you have plasticX or any light abrasive?

12. froboy272

I have scratchx and swirlx. will one of these work? or should i run out and buy some plastX?

13. pektel

Do not use swirlx or scratchx.

Try an oreilly's or other auto parts place, and see if they have plastic cleaner/polish. Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line has a plastic cleaner and a plastic polish.

If not, plastx is a great option for OTC.

14. froboy272

gonna go run to the store and waste money on PlastX now. Let you guys know how it works out.

15. froboy272

Well thankfully they didn't have PlastX where i went. I did in fact find something better that i was meaning to order anyway. I've never seen this OTC near me before but it got the job done in about 2 seconds flat.

[​IMG]

Thanks for your help guys. Pretty glad i didn't try using regular polish before asking here.

16. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

I love that stuff! it's never let me down, and is not as abrasive as PlastX. Great find.

17. froboy272

i was so happy to see it in the crappy auto parts store near my house. all the rest of the products were gliptone (what the?) turtle wax and basic mothers. Although they did have a few cans of tarminator which i also needed. In the end it all worked out and i'v added more goodies to my ever-growing collection.

18. Russ@Xclusive

Russ@Xclusive Two Bucket System Washer

Some very very mild polish may work like PlastX or PBPP or maybe an AIO.

EDIT: I should have read to the bottom and would've saw you got something already.

19. pektel

That's exactly the stuff I suggested.

Glad to see it worked!

20. froboy272

Thanks Pektel. Amazing results with this on the clock so i used it on his guage cluster also. Came out better than when he bought the car. For $10 this was an amazing find. Thanks again.