Help me seal!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by mrd0t, Jan 9, 2012.

1. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

I have a client who is buying some 3 piece wheels(Brushed face, polished lips) and wants them sealed and protected. I currently have Wolf's Rim Sealant and wanted to weigh my options. He mainly wants Anti-Dust/Grime protection with shine. Any suggestions?

2. TroyScherer

TroyScherer DB Forum Supporter

Opti-coat is your best most permanent option in my opinion.

3. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Would that be the best thing for wheels though? Imagine if the application went bad or down the road the coating becomes dull, you'd need to machine polish it off or by hand with some sort of abrasive. Alot of wheel finishes are delicate and someone with inexperience can mess them up trying to remove the coating.

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I would have to agree Opti Coat 2 will work great on the wheels

5. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Is it as easy to apply as Wolf's? What about Swissvax Autobahn?

6. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Autobahn is great, but does not last all that long in my opinion. For the winter I always throw a coat or two of Colli 476s on the wheels. In the summer I always use Autobahn though. I apply it with my fingers. I'll apply a few times a month.

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have yet to find a product that REALLY makes a difference on wheels. I don't like Jetseal 109 on paint, but it lasts a pretty damn long time on wheels.

8. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

My vote goes to Duragloss 501 on wheels. Cleans, polishes and seals in one step and last about 3-4 months on wheels.

9. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I have been told that Opti Coat is quite impressive on wheels. That it supposedly significantly reduces brake dust and makes cleaning a breeze.

Personally, I like the nano sealants on wheels these days. They are easy to apply, they are very durable, and the dirt just rinses off so easily. But a traditional paste/liquid wheel sealant offers noticeably better gloss.

10. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Meguiars just came out with a new product called Brake Dust Barrier, haven't tried it out but it looks promissing.