Help me pick my paint!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Delgiorno12, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Delgiorno12

Delgiorno12 Birth of a Detailer

So a little while back i was car searching and was between an m5 and gtr, well thanks to Dave from Street Dreams, he mentioned a 996 turbo so this got me thinking and i looked around for a little while and i have decided since i enjoy projects i am going to pick up just a normal 996 non turboed and build the car motor wise as well as turbo and plan on doing a nice molded metal widebody and color change. this is where i need your guys help, i plan to do all black wheels, as well as black interior with white stitching(or just all black). what is a good color out there to repaint the car? i would like something different and not seen much with good flake that will actually make it more "rewarding" after i detail it. been thinking about a flakey orange, or porsche macadamia brown(afraid the black wheels and interior wont flow), trying to stay away from black. lets hear your opinions or suggestions!!!

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

3. Delgiorno12

Delgiorno12 Birth of a Detailer

Awesome thanks kilo! Ill look into it bc I love the orange gt3 rs but don't want that color orange since it's been done so I was looking for another nice orange color

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, its also has very little pearl.......

Any GOOD paint and body shop can custom mix for you too, which is always an option.

HOC has some of the wildest pearls Ive seen, I was in the bagged truck scene and those guys push the envelope when it comes to crazy colors. My other fav. color on any car is Lime Pearl.