Help Expand my Correction Arsenal

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Tire Shredder, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

Hi Everyone,

as many of of you know, I did detailing last summer as a source of income, with pretty good success. Infact, I still have some people calling me through referrals, and the snow is on the ground here. It's been good thus far, and I'd love to continue doing it part time once the nice weather comes again.

I've only been offering 1 stage polishes thanks to ken's suggestion of the power finish combo with quality pads, and the porter cable. it's served me well and was more popular than I thought it would be. I can't see me becoming a 100% correction guy as most of my customers still want interior details with MAYBE a coat of wax...

anyhow, my supra needs a paint job in the spring and I intend on doing it myself. with this, will come lots of wet sanding, and of course, polishing. my PC will not be up to this task.

I saw Cnut's great deal on a Metabo machine and couldn't pass it up so I will shortly be a proud new rotary owner. I've never held one in my hand before, and with this in mind, I would like some advice on what I should purchase to round out my capabilities.

Again, this will mostly be used for my own satisfaction, I don't expect to be doing multi-stage polishes for profit in the near future but it will be great to get my cars, and girlfriend's car in good shape.

Here's what I have right now

polishes/compunds
    - power finish (32 oz)
    - M85 (32 oz)

Pads
    LC DA 3" backing plate
    LC DA 5" backing pate
    2 5.25" LC orange pads
    1 4" LC orange pad
    2 5.25" LC green pads
    1 4" LC green pad
    1 5.25" LC gold pad

2 5.25" Uber yellow compounding
    1 5.25" Uber green polshing
    1 5.25" Uber blue
    1 5.25" uber black

Please, I would love recommendations on what you think would be the best products to add to my arsenal? some smaller pads and backing plate for tight areas? some PO85RD? ditch the M85 and get some power gloss? I'd love to hear any suggestions you may have!

nobody has ever done me wrong on this forum, so I'm sure you guys will be able to point me towards some good new purchases.

2. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

i like my 106FF, you should probably consider getting it for the potential of nanocermiaccoated paint but i do use my PO85RD for my mazda's paint
    Maybe some glaze like Wetglaze 2.0 for some jeweling :D
    Def more smaller pads or even griots 3" backplating DA, i find myself in a bit of trouble sometimes with only 5.5" pads (gonna get some smaller ones when spring comes) especially when i was doing my B Pillar

Im not professional tho so just some suggestions from my experience =p