Help cleaning unknown substance off CRV dash

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by cshorey, Jan 22, 2009.

1. cshorey

cshorey Any Rag Vehicle Washer

So I have a relitive on my wifes side who has a honda CRB with something on the dash. I do not know what it is. I was hoping someone here might have a guess and a suggestion on how to remove it.

Its very hard and pobably a glue, I have picked parts of it off, but due to the CRB texture in made picking it off difficult.

I have tried 1Z CP, two APC's (and one in both a standard and strong dilution). I have also tried using a tooth brush and sponges.

My last thing I was thinking of trying was a steamer. Any other suggestions?

here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks,
    chris

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Goof-Off or Goo_gone (same type of product). I would saturate the corner of a cloth/towel, dab it on the stain, let it dwell for about 5 minutes, then rub off with the clean part of the towel. Reapply as necessary. Clean the area with the 1Z CP afterwards. Hope this helps.

3. DieselE46

DieselE46 Virgin Detailer

Exploding vanilla milk shake? :)

I would suggest einszett Plastic Deep Cleaner - a strong detergent. Don't use a lot as it's concentrated. CP is only a mild cleaner. I use PDC for these types of 'unknowns' around the dash and armrests - especially food based sugars etc. Follow-up with Cockpit.

Goo Gone is fine... my only prob is that it's petroleum distillate based and not good for the plastic.