help choose the lsp for a red 03 z06 vette

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by jsndiesel, Jun 9, 2009.

1. jsndiesel

jsndiesel Any Rag Vehicle Washer

so i thought it would be fun to let people help choose what types of wax and or sealant to use on the corvette

sealants available
    wolfgang polish enhancer, deep gloss sealant 3.0
    cg jetseal 109

wax available
    lusso revitalizing creme, lusso orro wax
    poorboys white and blue wax
    dodo juice supernatural, double wax, purple haze and blue velvet
    cg petes 53

so help me decide, any opinions on any combo to use and why, thanks.
    whatever is choosen I will post pics for all to see.

here is a pic of the car before any work has been done to it.
    car has about 20ish track events at watkins glen and is full of swirls.
    [​IMG]

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I'd do Jetseal with 53 or Deep Gloss 3.0 with Supernatural.

3. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Lusso twins!

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0 By it's self or with Super Natural or with Pete's 53...:thumb:

5. DaveS4

DaveS4 Jedi Nuba

JS109 topped with Pete's 53!

6. jsndiesel

k thanks for the replies, keep em coming! i am leaning towards 109 with 53 but am open to more ideas, car will be dun this weekend so we got a few days to kick around more combos

7. jsndiesel

what about 109 with supernatural? I havent used supernatural and am dying to use it!

8. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

how about the double wax. havent heard anybody here use it, and was curious about it. been looking at it for a while.

9. jsndiesel

i have used the double wax on a gmc pickup then put purple haze over it and all i can say is wow just looked amazing I am posting up pics in the show and shine soon

10. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

what are your thoughts on the double wax? easy to use? nice glow or crisp reflections? what size are the jars? sorry to be a pest, just really curious about it.

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Just remember it's all in the prep... get the swirls out and you can put anything on it!

With that said, I'd go supernatural....

12. jsndiesel

i hread that some thought it was tough to take off but I put it on very thin, less is better cause you can always put another coat on is my opinion and by putting it on really thin it came off easy. I looked at the truck before putting the purple haze on and it looked really nice but putting the purple haze over it really made for a nice glow and great reflections, so overall I would say from the limited experience I have with it its a good wax just get the sample to start. here is a shot of the truck, now this truck has over 202k miles on it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

My vote would be Jetseal followed by Pete's 53 which will look like this on red:

[​IMG]

14. jsndiesel

how many coats are on the car

15. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

One coat of Jeatseal and one coat of Pete's 53.

16. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

i d say lusso

17. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

One of the best combos I have used on the RED on vettes is Zaino Z5pro and topped with Megs #16 wax....The combo gave the paint a super deep look and very wet looking..but also provided top protection....

I think the look resulted in the clear they use on the Vette which is a very hard clear...

After cutting the clear I used Menz PO85 to gloss it up and then topped it...looked like water

Al

18. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Another vote for Jetseal/Pete's 53 combo.

19. triax

triax Virgin Detailer

I just used cg Jetseal followed by 50/50.

I put it on a 95 Mustang - after 3 step polish - I jesteal'd it and applied 50/50 - Looks amazing on Black - and with the pic from JLs above I would say go with that.

Ben

20. blucpe

blucpe Birth of a Detailer

i'd fk1000, followed by ck carnuba wax buffed off with ocw. very deep and wet look.