Heavy Dust / Dirt

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by sumdetailer, Sep 21, 2008.

1. sumdetailer

sumdetailer Birth of a Detailer

Hey guys, I've been really busy(60+hrs at work) and haven't had time to do much detailing, but I want to clean my dads work truck as a project that you will see a noticeable difference interior/exterior(ie it's dirty). He has heavy dusty/light dirt on most of the plastics, should I just use 303 Fabric & Vinyl cleaner? Or do you think I will an APC and/or Quick Detailer?

Thanks in advance!

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I would just use an APC at 10:1 for really bad interiors.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

This is just me but when ever I do any interiors I always use Meg's APC diluted 10:1 and give the entire interior a good wipe down and then I apply the protection.

I've been doing this for a wile now, regardless of the state of the vehicle. I've seen the water after and for me giving the interior a good wipe down makes a big difference..but like I said that's just me :shrug:

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Ditto for me. Always clean first, protect second.:thumb:

5. sumdetailer

I thought 303 Fabric & Vinyl cleaner was a cleaner? And that the aerospace protectant was the protection.. Or is APC just a better/cheaper alternative?

6. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

you can use any half decent APC, I use Triple Seven, but most APC's are good, as long as they don't blush the plastic

7. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

+1 on the 10:1 Meg's APC. I think you can concentrate it to 4:1 instead for heavily dirty interiors. I love the versatility of the stuff...leather, vinyl, fabric.

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You are correct. I read your original post too quickly. You can use the 303 cleaner first, but follow up with the protectant as well. As well, the APC is a much cheaper alternative. Most APCs will dilute down 8 or 10:1. I use Autoglym Interior Shampoo and dilute it down 6:1.

9. sumdetailer

one more noob question, on these dirty areas are you using a microfiber applicator, terry cloth applicator, old kitchen cloth or what? When I've used a microfiber(non applicator) on light dust it seemed to dry it up to quickly and not clean much more than what a microfiber can do without a cleaner on it. Also these basically will be junk after words as I can just imagine the applicator/cloth being used up(the 4x4 or however much surface area I use on one wipe) completely.

Thanks again everyone! I promise pics shortly... (Carlos I swear I have a bunch still to upload for you as well)

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet love pictures :cheers:

As to what to use, I've been using those yellow microfiber towels, they really do a good job. Best of all they are really cheap at Costco, so I re-use them as I see fit when I'm done with them I just throw them out and don't feel bad at all. I use applicators to apply protection but that's just me :shrug: