Headliner

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Dannyk, May 24, 2009.

1. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

I have an 1998 f150 with the interior headliner gradually pulling away from the board or whatever it is that supports it. What would be the best way to reattach it ?

2. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

my guess would just be take it off re-glue it back on? aren't they all held on by glue? I'm sure some gorilla glue would work.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Automakers in their infinite wisdom use water soluble glue on headliners so any amount of moisture can cause them to sag. If you can get it down, use a spray adhesive to reapply it.

4. DaveS4

DaveS4 Jedi Nuba

Some simply spray adhesive will do the trick - I recommend 3M Super 77 General Purpose Spray Adhesive.

5. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

You could also make an Awesome Design using Thumbtacks:dance:

But seriously I have never seen anyone have much luck tryin to fix it themselves,You would probally be better off checking around and having a New 1 installed. It shouldn't be over $100 for a P/U.......Good Luck and keep us Posted how it turns out:headbang:

Some :picture: of the Final results would be Awesome(Especially if you use Thumbtacks:whistle:)

6. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

They can run up to several hundred dollars depending on the vehicle. Some headliners are quite a job to drop. Spray adhesives can work but once it starts to come down, as a general rule of thumb, it is done. I have reattached headliner material using a variety of 3M adhesives and it will hold sometimes.

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I would just use the 3M spray adhesive. My friend used to use it all the time for some of his art projects and they hold up pretty well.

8. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Thumbtacks=Art Design:giggle: