Headliner

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by floraneg, Feb 24, 2010.

1. floraneg

floraneg Birth of a Detailer

With all the detail information on here, I don't recall anyone ever addressing the headliner. Does anyone wipe down or treat the headliner of the cars? I know when I was a kid my dad would blow a gasket if you touched the headliner. Is it still taboo or do you clean and treat them?:shrug:

2. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

i clean mine. i think its not mentioned because most of use are ocd and dont really touch it lol

3. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I have steamed a few that were really bad... one had red juice all over it, the other had some kind of hair dye rubbed all over it... steam worked very well...

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You can use your interior cleaner but lightly mist it on and wipe with a MF. Most headliners are held up with water soluble glue (WTF) so if you get it wet, your done.

5. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

This is too true. When I worked at the stealership when I was in highschool I shampooed a headliner in a Chevy Malibu and after about an hour it was sagging down really bad.
    Ever since I have got my steamer though I have been using it on headliners with no issues and all.

6. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I haven't had a single issue steaming headliners...

7. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

I use the method I learnt from a AG car valeting DVD. Mist it with AG interior shampoo, agitate with the handpad and blot dry with a chamois. Don't soak it wet like what others mention..

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Headliner -

Duragloss 451 Fabric & Carpet Cleaner Aerosol Foam (FC) is a blend of surfactants, which gently foam away soil, oil and grease from fabric and carpet surfaces. Most headliners are attached with water soluble adhesive, so do not soak or they will become detached. Spray onto micro fibre towel and gently agitate surface with a very light pressure Spot cleaning can be done without leaving rings on fabric

9. dood786

dood786 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I spray with a 20:1 APC solution and wipe with mf cloth, if its hectic stains i go strnoger on the apc mix