Headliner fabric coming loose (1998 Camry)

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Kaban, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Hi fellow detailers,

I am wondering, how would I go about re-gluing the headliner on a 1998 Camry?
    The top layer (the thin layer that's the outermost layer) is coming loose right on the edge by the rear window in one corner (the section that came loose is about 5"X3").

I am sure this is something that can be glued back easily, but what kind of glue would I need? Can someone recommended a product?

The layer that needs to get re-glued is really thin (almost see-through) so I am guessing the glue needs to be light colored (the interior is tan) because a black glue would make it obvious a repair was done.

I'd really appreciate some help here!

Thanks!

2. mct96gt

mct96gt Virgin Detailer

You can buy a can of spray Headliner glue from any auto parts store like Advance Auto or Autozone

3. Kaban

Good stuff. I didn't know they sold stuff like this. Any idea what the spray is called or how much it costs?

4. Xan

Xan Virgin Detailer

5. Kaban

6. Xan

Xan Virgin Detailer

I've used it for custom audio installations. It's easy to use, strong and dries clear.

7. pecka13

pecka13 Birth of a Detailer

3M also makes a spray glue. Good stuff.

I used it on newer BMW carpets, where the velcro on the other side comes off the actual carpet.

It holds.

8. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

I cannot personally attest to that, but I've read very good things about 3M spray adhesive on the aircooled VW forum that I frequent.

9. Kaban

Thanks for the comments!

What's the name of the 3M adhesive that I need and where can I order it or buy it?

10. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Try googleing 3M spray adhesive.