headliner cleaning and pillar cleaning??? help

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by bimmer nation, Sep 25, 2009.

1. bimmer nation

bimmer nation Birth of a Detailer

hey guys wat are the best products and how should i go about cleaning headliners without damaging or staining them. what techniques do u guys use and products??

thanx in advance

2. bimmer nation

bimmer nation Birth of a Detailer

no advice at all ??
    come on guys some input please

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

you have to very casreful with headliners as they are usually installed with water soluble glue. I use AG interior shampoo in a trigger sprayer. Mist, don't soak, about a 2x2 area and gently wipe with a MF towel. Work your way around the headliner in this fashion. I use the AG shampoo as it rinses clean very easily. Its not a strong cleaner but seems to get nicotine etc out of headliners with no issues.

4. dadswrld

dadswrld Birth of a Detailer

I have also used the eShine Canada: 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover (32oz) and it worked the same way Ken mentioned.

It's actually not that difficult to do. I was a little concerned when I was doing my first one.
    Still could never understand how people get some of the things they do up there :shead:!

5. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

I wish I could remember the concoction of interior cleaner I made. I had to literally mist LIGHTLY, leave for a minute while i continued working then did a quick 2 swipes up and down and a quick 2 swipes left to right. NO WORK. Lemme spin the wheels and see if I can figure it out by smell..

6. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

there are a few APC out that can be diluted enough for headliners. A good vac and lint roller removes a lot of the dirt, hair, and dust without having to spray anything on it. But if you do have to apply some cleaner then try do a search here for headliners and see what you get. i have heard great things from Majestic Solutions, Chemicals guys, Poorboys, and a few others. if you want professional cleaners then look into Prochem chemicals as they have some specific chemical for upholstery and headliners. let us know what you used and how it worked out.

7. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

I'm with Ken, I use the Autoglym Interior Shampoo. Cleans well and leaves a nice fresh scent in the car