Headlamp LED - Interested?

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Aug 31, 2011.

?

Interested?

1. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

How many would be interested in a headlamp LED?

About The Fenix HP11

· Cree XP-G (R5) LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
    · Uses four 1.5V AA (Ni-MH, Alkaline) batteries
    · Light:59.5mm (Length)x50mm (Width)x55.5mm(Height)
    Battery Case:88.3mm (Length)x73.5mm (Width)x26.4mm(Height)
    · 180-gram weight (excluding batteries)
    · Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
    · Reverse polarity protection, to protect from improper battery installation
    · Dual switch system in the top, easy operation
    · The light is made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum, the rest is made of quality plastic
    · The mental part has a premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
    · Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating

List price would be $64.95

If we get a good showing on this one I will put up a nice GB for it.

Take a look
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

added

we would also consider bringing this one in.

90 lumens - 1 AA battery

List price $38.00

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Wow that seems like a really nice one Phil. I might be interested since I am only using my Craftsman 1000 watt halogen tripod for lighting and a cheap LED flash light from home depot for correction work. This can also be used for alot of other things as well besides correction work which is a plus. But Is it comfortable to wear or sort of a pain after a few hours? Lets see what the GB price is :)

3. detailersdomain

I'll have my own in shortly.

4. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

In my opinion, that would be a cumbersome thing to wear on my head. One of the technicians at our shop has a pair of safety glasses with LED's on each side. I don't know if they came that way, or if he put the lights on himself, but I thought that would be a great idea for detailing. I can't see myself using a bulky light that runs off 4!! AA batteries attached to an upside down thong :p

5. TimAD

TimAD Jedi Nuba

Jimmy and I use ones by Fenix very similar to this one. Very good headlamp! Bright and pretty darn comfortable for what it is.

6. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

I use one thats not quite as fancy but its really is nice to have. Not uncomfortable/cumberson, helpful if you are doing interiors with less than preferred lighting (like in the footwells and under seats) and its great for double checking windows for streaks if indoors.

I don't know if I would but the more expensive one but I definitely see the use, as I use one pretty frequently.

7. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Guys these are very, very handy! I've been using a headlamp for about 2 years now and they're very convenient for polishing because you don't have to constantly move the halogens around and especially if you have a different light source in the background... you can see everything with these! Also, they're good for doing interiors... a must-have I say!

8. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

I already have a couple inexpensive LED headlamps so I would probably be more interested in the HP11 than the HP21. I'm not sure about the four AA batteries program unless there is a way to get the batteries off your head. It seems like a belt clip for the batteries with a cord up your back to the head harness/lamp might be a better program. Will the HP11 accept AA Ni-MH batteries like the Sanyo eneloops?

9. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I have a cheap one I picked up at Big Lots I use almost every detail I would like to get a nice one with a real good LED

10. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Hey Phil, I didn't know we were goin all Black Ops on here...All seriousness though I would totally be down for picking one of these up. I know Richard Lin has been using one for years and raves about it's usefullness.

11. detailersdomain

LOL, I figured this would be a great addition.

12. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I have something similar now, and use it A LOT. (I'd prefer the more powerful one, and just turn it down a bit if necessary)

I'm in for a group buy.

13. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Phil... you left us hanging a bit!

What is the scoop on this light?

14. detailersdomain

15. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

These type of lights are great if you don't mind donning them. Here is the one I use, Octaneguy introduced me to it a few years back.

[​IMG]