HD Polish

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by fech, Nov 9, 2013.

1. fech

fech Birth of a Detailer

Product review: HD polish

I am giving a review on this product as part of a giveaway that 3d Products is doing. This one is on HD Polish.

Description:
    HD Polish has been scientifically designed to produce a dust free, swirl free, deep, high gloss paint finish.
    Using NANO Technology and super micro abrasives H Polish is the most effective way to remove light to moderate paint defects for the highest shine possible.
    Product works best when applied in a shaded area but is sun friendly when used correctly.
    This product is Body Shop Safe, containing no silicone or fillers. Safe for use on fresh paint and soft clears.
    Amazing hologram and marring free results on all paint colors including jet-black/dark colored paints.

Easy on and easy off.
    Directions:
    Shake Well Before Use. Select a cutting pad of your choice. (Hydro Tech Cyan on Rupes 21)
    [​IMG]

Apply 4-5 pea sized drops on to the pad and work on a 2’ by 2’ area.
    [​IMG]
    * After each pass, clean pad with compressed air, pad spur or your choice of cleaning tool. This is a very important step as this polish tends to gunk up rather fast

Best applied using a Rotary Buffer (speed: 1000-2000 RPM). For those using a DA Random Orbital Polisher, set speed to 5000-6000 OPM Using moderate pressure let the machine glide over the surface, making several passes until desired shine and gloss has been obtained. For ultimate look add a small amount of additional product and repeat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wipe using a clean dry micro fiber towel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Price: Starting at 19.99

Review:
    This is my third review on the HD line and I have to say, between this and the poxy, I’m not sure which is my favorite. I really enjoyed using this polish. It reminded me of a mix between Megs 105 and Nano Polish. I only have pictures of it being used on my Outback, but I also used it on my brothers Pontiac and had no problems what so ever. The biggest pluses to me are the long working time(seems like forever) and the fact that I haven’t experienced any dust at all. As someone who likes to use the Menzerna line, no dust with a polish is almost unheard of. And the finish is perfect. No need to use anything else.

The only two complaints I would have with the polish is, one, it gunks up the pad really fast so you need to either clean them often, or have a lot of pads available. Two, it doesn’t seem to have as much patience with cooler temps than some of the other polishes I use. When I used it and the temp outside was 70’s, it worked flawlessly. High 50’s, low 60’s, it seemed to stick a little to the paint. That being said, I have a heater in my garage, so I can keep the temp where I need it.

Cliffs notes Version
    Pro’s
    Price Twenty buck for a polish this good is great
    Working time. Seems like you could polish forever if needed
    Results. Glass like finish when done

Cons
    Buildup on the pad. Really gunks up fast for my taste
    Temperature tolerance. It doesn’t seem to like the cold very much

Overall grade. A+ To me, this is a must have polish .

Thanks for reading.

2. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Nice review thanks for sharing.

3. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

When you get build up, - it is due to using way too much polish.

Great review btw.

4. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Nice review, I too like HD polish.

5. fech

fech Birth of a Detailer

Thanks guys

6. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

Great job! Thanks!!!