HBH 900HP Camaro

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Asphalt Rocket, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

This is another one of Hermann's cars. It is a real SS/RS 67 Camaro that he had painted back in 1994. It had some light swirls and a few sand scratches. Vehicle was wiped down, clayed, and compounded/polished per the DN method using the following products-Pads:Wool, Kompressor, and CCS. Compound/Polish-M105, M205, and Ultrafina. There are no before shots, just some finished pics. I will update the pics with lsp when Phil sends out the Beta wax.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

900HP!! Thats pretty impressive!! Is it a N/A motor or is that on the bottle??

Looks great! Super Glossy!!

DN method?? Please elaborate

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

It is a 421 inch N/A engine. It has run a best of 9.16 in the 1/4 on the 10 inch street tires. The DN method for one is using right tool for the job and then a process on how I work the compund and polish. It will take several months to write the process up, which will include using the correct tool for said job and steps on how the compound/polish is worked.:thumb:

4. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Cool. Let me know when you get this done!!

5. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Sick work Dana!

Look at the gloss with no lsp - Just goes to show, like I have always said that LSP's only add slight nuances to a properly polished clearcoat!

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Wicked gloss on that! Its about time you posted something.

7. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Thanks for posting! One of the best colors on those cars

8. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

You know I will.

Thanks Jason, just need to get an lsp on it and take some sun shots. I agree with you, properly polished vehicles really have nothing added with the lsp, just protection.

Thanks Ken, revert back to JL's post on the GT and you know why I don't post this things that much plus I am way too busy making sure they have a wicked gloss.

You are welcome, but that is not a factory color, it is called HBH blue.

9. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

That is just beautiful

10. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice work.

11. Very clean man. Those wheels, as well as the rest of the car look awesome.

12. GoFastSS71

GoFastSS71 Virgin Detailer

I bet that paint looks great at a crusie night under the lights with the depth you have created.
    Nice work!
    910HP means you can put a Ben Franklin on the dash and your passenger will never reach it.

Mark

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That's a lot of HP!

14. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

It looks done to me.............Great work MR DN!...:thumb:..BTW can I get a engine like that for my Mazda?

15. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Well I have to say I really love this one but I'm partial to blue cars. Love the gloss on this one bro.

16. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thank You, the pics just don't do it any justice.

Thank You

Thanks Josh, those are my favorite wheels on a street or race car.

Thank You, I was hoping for sunny days when I finished this one but it was cloudy for a while week so I gave up on the sun shots. After putting an lsp on it I will update with sun shots.

It's not bad to play around on the street with.

I am sure if you have the cash Hermann can set you up with whatever you want, Thanks Angelo.

Thanks JL, now you need to come up here and go for a ride in it and I bet blue will be your favorite color forever.

17. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Now that is 1 beautiful ride. Great job Asphault:applause:

:shead:1 question though. My 72 Chevelle did a 10:52 in the Quarter putting out 475 H.P,'s

The Chevelle is alot Heavier then the Camaro. And I was putting out 1/2 the H.P.'s

:shead:Sure does seem like 900H.P.'s would get you more then 1:30 faster :whistle:

Speed Cost $$$ How Fast You Wanna Go:thumb:

18. Harleyguy

Harleyguy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Another awesome job .I'm glad to see they had the car on a lift so you didn't have to bend down as much:worship2::worship2:

19. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thank You. This was right off the trailer, Herman wanted a low 9 sec pass and he got it on a 10 inch street tire and no suspension adjustments. Plus his car is heavy also, all steel with the original glass in it. I am sure if he played with it more at the track it would easily be a mid 8 sec car. He just basically cruises it around maybe once a year at that. he is lower the compression in and we are going to put a Procharger on it so he can drive it on the street more, with a little over 16:1 it's no fun putting around on the street.

Thanks Adam, that were he parked and so I worked on it from there, it did help being off the ground like that though.

20. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

"Thanks Jason, just need to get an lsp on it and take some sun shots. I agree with you, properly polished vehicles really have nothing added with the lsp, just protection." End Quote
    Since it's only protection, use a sealant and send me all your Swissvax and Zymol waxes.