Hate to make another car wash soap thread but...

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by DC5Berry, Mar 26, 2009.

1. DC5Berry

DC5Berry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've searched and searched and am getting kind of tired haha. Here's the thing:

I'm looking for a car wash soap for my dad. He has a Jet Black BMW 5 series (08 I believe).

He is the kind of guy who will just pour in some soap in a bucket, not wanting to think about correct dilution ratios. He just isn't into the car detailing thing. I've had to coach him on few aspects, but for the most part, he just wants a clean car.

The car is garaged and is his daily driver to work and other places.

What I want to buy for him is something that fits the following:

1) In-expensive (around $20)
    2) Great suds
    3) 1 gallon size
    4) Good cleaning ability
    5) WON'T strip wax
    6) Good lubricity
    7) Leaves a nice shine and conditions the paint

I have tried some soaps but not nearly as many as some of you pros on this site. I've used Optimum for the most part and love the soap. It's just too much money for my liking.

Here are the one's I'm trying to choose from: (I haven't used any of these YET)

1) CG Maxi Suds II
    2) CG Wash & Wax
    3) CG Wash & Clear
    4) CG Extreme Body Wash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer
    5) Meg. Shampoo Plus
    6) Meg. #62
    7) Meg. Hyperwash
    8) Meg. Super Soap (1 gal. on sale for 12.99 at ADS)

I know that is a lot of choices and I guess it's a toss up between CG and Meguiar's. They both have good prices and seem to be good products. I don't want him to use CG CWG because he won't pay attention to the dilution rations.

Please help me decide with your experiences :)

2. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

Meguiars gold class.its a great OTC soap.Iv since moved up to poor boys super slick and i just bought hyper was yesterday so i plan to use it tomorrow for the first time.

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I felt that Maxi Suds II didn't have enough lubrication, I use it primarily for foam cannons. Maybe you can get him CWG and predilute it for him? The only thing that is wrong with it is the dilution. I'd just maybe make him a little cup or or something that's the exact size that he needs to put in the 5 gallons of water.

4. DC5Berry

CG Wash & Clear added.

5. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

CG Extreme Body Wash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer <-- under rated leaves car very shiny

My vote goes for Maxi Suds II :)

6. DC5Berry

I would love for him to use the CWG as I've heard nothing but good about it, but I won't be around much and would rather have a soap that I don't have to worry about with him :(

But I'll definitely consider your suggestion. Thanks!

7. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

I'd say go with Adam's... it is a great shampoo in all regards. It foams very well in a foam cannon but when you use it there isn't that much foam, but a lot of lubrication, which is what matters.

8. DC5Berry

It sounds like a great shampoo but I'm really hoping to get something closer to $20 and under. Thank you though :)

9. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I say gold class it would be about 13 a gallon and no shipping...gentle and an all around good soap. If not, i dont think hyperwash would be good because it has to be carefully measured to get the right dilution ratio...its 400:1...my vote would also be #62 by meg's...

10. DC5Berry

Good point about the Hyperwash...I forgot about the dilution ratio

11. Reflect

I'd be more concerned with CWC than CWG.

12. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

CWC is milder than CWG but both are strong as hell

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

If you're a Costco member, Gold Class can be had for really cheap! If not that, I would just go with Meg's Shampoo Plus.

I'll be having some MS Ultra Gloss on the way soon though, hehe.

14. Reflect

I thought Clear was much stronger than CWG because its a pre detail soap?

15. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

People just use it as a pre detail soap because it doesn't have the added glossing agent. Paul said that CWC is milder than CWG.

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Duragloss #901/902 or Majestic Solutions Ultra Gloss.

17. DC5Berry

CG's website leads me to believe CWC is milder than CWG since it says it is

"The ultimate daily wash Shampoo pH neutral to ensure that even after daily wash Citrus Wash Clear will not strip off any wax or sealant. Go ahead wash your auto everyday, now you can. The unique Chemical Guys Formulation offers unmatched lubricity to assure that particles glide gently across surface and safely rinsed off."

It actually looks like a really good soap. Anyone use this for daily washing?

How do you like MS Ultra Gloss? It's description fits what I'm looking for and the price is definitely right.

18. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Duragloss 901/902 is what you are looking for...

19. Reflect

Ah good call. Haven't tried that yet but I definitely need to. Everyone always forgets about Duragloss.

20. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

It rocks! Super, super slick, suds for forever, smells great. Feels, and looks, like washing a car with a big bucket of good quick detailer.